Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ice build and sound dampening. mostly pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ice build and sound dampening. mostly pictures.

Hi from sweden. I just started my ice build, And we dont have a DS3 forum yeat And they say that a photo is more then 1000words, So i thought aboute sharing them. They may help someone someday.

6,5" original mounted subwoofer

1 layer silent coat.inside and 2 layer "behind the orginal speaker." on the outer iron"something"

5m x 1m x 20mm thick soundabsorb.

Last edited by jimmy.e; 21-08-2010, 16:14.

.More silent coat on the sides.

Last edited by jimmy.e; 21-08-2010, 16:11.

Comment

I'd be terrified of doing something like this to my baby! You're a brave guy! :P

Make sure to keep us updated!
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I just know that if I tried anything like this, I'd have at least three pieces of trim and assorted screws & gromits left over after I'd put it all back again.

Oh, and I'd have snapped off at least half the plastic lugs.

Respect!

Comment

Respect to you for the rebuild & sharing pics....Are you upgrading your speakers ??....Seems a lot of bother just for sound proofing.

I was going to upgrade my speakers but after seeing the pics dont think i will attempt it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
            Respect to you for the rebuild & sharing pics....Are you upgrading your speakers ??....Seems a lot of bother just for sound proofing.

I was going to upgrade my speakers but after seeing the pics dont think i will attempt it lol.
            If its like the c4, then its easy. I havent goten to the front doors yet. And i will not upgrade "or use" the rear speakers.
            -I will begin the stereo install on monday, I checked around alittle to c where i could put the amp + cable. And that will not be fun, There are no original holes from the inside to under the bonnet.

Comment

took it easy today,saving my streanght for tomorrow.

Cleaned and waxed my old rims a little.they will be putted on tomorrow.

Pic with the old rims.

Last edited by jimmy.e; 22-08-2010, 18:30.

Comment

A man of my own heart!

Great thread What equipment will you be using?

Comment

Originally posted by Sag View Post
                  A man of my own heart!

Great thread What equipment will you be using?
                  I ordered my ds3 with satnav :-(( i didnt thought it thrue. But all the rest of the stereo is.

Audison bit one "sound processor"
                  Dls UR 36i "3way front speakers" driven by a Celestra amp.
                  2xDD ss1 amps for the subs.

I dont know exactly what kind of subs i will be using, The EMMA finals are this week. so i am going to look around and c if i can find something nice,For sale.

Comment

Very nice, I absoloutely love my BitOne!

Sub - have you considered the ID Max V3? Hertz Mille?
                    They are some of the nicest drivers I have ever heard.

Good luck!

Comment

Here are the rims 18x8"

And citroen has gone back in time :-( ,They used there old wheel nuts on the DS3.
                      -But what could u expect, its a DS.

rims on the car:
                      1,38mb
                      http://data.fuskbugg.se/skogsturken/rim.JPG

2,22mb
                      http://data.fuskbugg.se/skogsturken/rim.JPG

i am almost finished with the boot, But i want my amp + and the rca - cable mounted. Before mounting evrything together.
                      -Need to contact citroen tomorrow, Where i could drill or if they have a pre drilled hole somewhere in the engine bay.

I hope to get an answer from citroen tomorrow, and when the amp + is mounted i will begin with the doors. And i will try to make a little faq how to do it, If someone hasent done it yet.

Comment

Must admit that it looks awesome on those 18" rims. What's the ride like?

I see that you kept the carmen red centre caps - nice touch!

Whereabouts in Sweden are you from, jimmy.e?

Comment

Dude you have no fear aye, lol. i could never do that to my car, though it would be so cool too, Hope it is all going well , Liking the pictures to see steps

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                            Must admit that it looks awesome on those 18" rims. What's the ride like?

I see that you kept the carmen red centre caps - nice touch!

Whereabouts in Sweden are you from, jimmy.e?
                            Stockholm, My Nokia tyres are a lot better then the original bridgestone that was on before "better grip in curves" And alittle more SUV feel."looking down on v70 and saab owners"
                            -Or iam too used to my old peugeot 106, that is as small/low as an gocart.

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                            Dude you have no fear aye, lol. i could never do that to my car, though it would be so cool too, Hope it is all going well , Liking the pictures to see steps
                            yeap i miss it very much, i have only driven it "whole/original" for 3h. Then it went in to the garage. And i really want to get all things together, So i can enjoy evrything.

Comment

Not much progress today but at least i have seen the light in the tunnel.

i have a hole. not as big as i wanted it,need a dremel or an. "see below"

My hole.

Dremel or a drillbit that looks like this.

And here it goes out,The big black thing in front is the tubing for the AC.

U can see the hole,just behind "above" the AC tube/"hose"

Its a pretty shitty work, you really need to take it easy. Because u dont want to hurt the AC tube/hose.And you only have 2-4cm clearance.
                              -But i know citroen will hate me for taking there easy spot. For the 220volt socket in the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X