Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ice build and sound dampening. mostly pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic pics, jimmy.e

I envy you living in Stockholm. I know it well, & my daughter was there for 6 months last year at the University. Probably my favourite northern European city, and certainly the friendliest.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
      Fantastic pics, jimmy.e

I envy you living in Stockholm. I know it well, & my daughter was there for 6 months last year at the University. Probably my favourite northern European city, and certainly the friendliest.
      Nice to hear. And ditto back. I envy the english car culture. waving/ blinking with the headlights to other citroen drivers. If i should do that here. "Blinking with the headlights" The other driver would think. ????????? or the police are standing with laser ahead.

Comment

I really hate that hole, it has took almost a week too get it thrue. On my old c4 u could do it under 2h "from start to finish"

Now 21mm in diameter.

Finished.

/Tomorrow i will get all the speaker cables, for the bitone ready and on sunday/monday start with the front doors.

Comment

Good work, Jimmy.e - keep it going! This post is going to be invaluable to other owners looking to upgrade.

Comment

I did all the cables for the bitone , And all the front speaker cables. will go on the other side of the car.

(sorry for bad pictures, its my mobile camera)

Under right seat.

The black speaker cable is for future use, if i want to put a sub under the seats.

And iam sorry i cant work on the front doors until monday, i need to talk to the company that tinted my front doors.They f#"ed up with the heat gun.

If i start and they c it,( that iam working on the doors) they will just say that i did it. So i want to leave evryting original until they c it.

But iam at least a little happy. I got my front amps today.

Comment

I cant wait to see the end product of this build, going to be amazing, will have to get s vid with sound on it,

Comment

I just did a faq how to take away the door inside."?????"
                http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ers-on-the-DS3

And here a little sound dampening on the door. the other inside of the door have 2 layers, and the outside got 1 layer on both sides.

original:

2 layer

Finished.

And damn the doors got heavy,GF closed one door. And i thought it would end up on the other side. U dont need any force at all to close the doors, more then the force from the the door stop springs.

Comment

That is looking good dude, How long did that door take?

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    That is looking good dude, How long did that door take?
                    That took 4h, And the speaker,speaker wire, and inner door panel isnt mounted. i think it will take 3-5h more.

Comment

Now its starting to look, Like a DS3 again.

Original door panel.

10mm damping foam "something"??

Finished.the silver is 10mm and the black is 20mm

Comment

I am waiting on 3 packaged, From all over the world.That iam going to show a movie on later.
                        :confused::confused:

-it is not any stereo pieces.:confused::confused::confused:

Comment

Holy s**t you have got some balls taking it apart haha, you're crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Zhak View Post
                            Holy s**t you have got some balls taking it apart haha, you're crazy!
                            Agreed, I can barely build things with Lego properly - the thought of me attempting less scares the shit out of me. Well done though, that's definately some skill you've got there fella.

Comment

thanks.
                              I have had fever and sore throt for 3-4 days, iam still a little sore in throt. But still, a little update. Not that much that i would want. "- i blame the flue"

Left door. "driver side"

Speaker in place.

I took away the silver mylar protecting film, because i think it will sound bad when the speaker is working. It sounds like papper or silver foil when hiting it gently."need to do it with the right door to" :-(( its alredy assembled. :-((

GF did something fun,gotta love her for her entusiasm for the car.
                              http://armor.ag/1L6EQ press play.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy.e View Post
                                GF did something fun,gotta love her for her entusiasm for the car.
                                http://armor.ag/1L6EQ press play.
                                Cool! Blasted that sucker to bits OK! (but not going to tell you how many goes it took!)

Comment

Working...
                                X