No announcement yet.

Zack's Build Thread - Big update P.30 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah, thanks.. Thinking about getting some alloys like those, i want some retro looking ones

Comment

• Whats occurring Zack- your cars off the road for a while
      Sticking that V6 in?
      Having a spray job?
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Sticking that V6 in?
        Nope

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Having a spray job?
        Yeah came out 2 weeks ago.

Not sure what you're getting at Chris ?

Comment

• Well- no FCS, NO TRAX, just wondering what transformation is taking place?
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Car went in the other week for some body repairs and while it was in there it had a full blow over to freshen the paint up. Then it came out and I smashed the sump so that's had to be replaced aswell as the steel under-guard I'm having fabricated and fitted. Having more bodywork done in September so I can't see me making Trax, especially as it's the weekend before I go on hols for 2 weeks.

Comment

• Your wallet must be crying its eyes out- think you know a few in the trade tho don't you?
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Buy mine, £12k start a fresh =]
                sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                Third time around.
                Work in Progress

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Your wallet must be crying its eyes out- think you know a few in the trade tho don't you?
                  Yeah I've been lucky in the respect that I know the right person for most things. The engine swap I was doing cost me a bit but had I not been helped by mates the cost would be thousands lol

Comment

• Whats happening with the car now Zack- or u thinking changing?
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Oh Hai !

Been quiet recently - but all for good reason

As some of you know I mentioned a colour change was happening in October, I was originally scheduled in for this Wednesday (16th) but have been 'ummming' and 'ahhhing' the past few weeks as it's a big step and was worried incase I didn't like it or incase the finish wasn't great etc etc. Well on Saturday I had my cars 1st MOT and it passed with flying colours - [ Don't ask and I won't lie to you ] how 3 years flies eh ! Then on Sunday I thought I'd have a good detailing session on the car so I could have some decent 'farewell' pictures of it before the 'Polar White' was lost forever. Me and a mate spent a few hours giving it the best clean it's had in a while and then we went at the paintwork with the rotary polisher. Finished the polishing, looked at the car as the sun was readily setting and instantly fell in love with the white again. My mate even starting laughing too as apparently I even said out loud in some weird trance-mode "There's no way I'm painting that", Haha !

So I've cancelled the re-spray this morning, lost my deposit but why take the risk on being unhappy eh ? - Especially after loving the white so much again. Some of you know but for those who didn't It was going Jaguar 'French Racing Blue' which is a colour on the new XFR-S and is absolutely gorgeous. My roof and mirrors were going Jaguar Black Amethyst - which is an F-Type colour and my wheel centres were going the same.

Well after deciding against it last night, my night was made up of "What do I do next ?"

:cool: WHEELS :cool:

Say hello to my new beauties which I sorted Sunday night...

LOL

Secrets for now until they're complete as there's lots of work to be done. The top 2 pics are the actual wheels whereas the 3rd pic is one I've pinched just to show you how deep the dishes are when they're on a car. They're 17" 3-piece splits with the fronts at 8.5J and the rears at 9.5J wide

History ? The wheels are optional factory upgrade wheels from an amazing car. Think high-end classic luxury supercar - Because of this they're 5-stud wheels. I've never been a fan of adapters and 5-stud to 4-stud converters are some of the most dangerous as at some point the 2 different sets of holes need to cross over each other - this is a weakness in the adapter itself and under stress has been known to break... Solution ? The 5 holes in the wheel hub will be welded up and then a 4x108 PCD will be drilled through the face, effectively turning the wheel into 4x108 fitment. This method isn't cheap but is MUCH safer than the adapters. The centres are going to be sprayed to tie in with my roof and mirrors - haven't fully decided on the colour for this yet but I've got some provisional ideas and the dishes are going to be polished to a mirror finish. The centre caps are also goign to have some slight customisation and I think I'll be getting the splitty bolts chromed

Won't be running them over the winter so plan is to have them on between Feb and March ready for their first show in Belgium at the end of March

Exciting times ahead !

Comment

• Wise decision Zack.
                        We wouldn't want a wheel falling off would we.............

JB

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                          Wise decision Zack.
                          We wouldn't want a wheel falling off would we.............
                          Exactly my reasoning not to chance it

Comment

• I fall in and out of love with the white, when it looks good, it still looks amazing. Nice to hear you are happy again with the colour.
                            My DS3R3... nearly....
                            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

• The blue would've looked good tho Zack- cant try out with similar coloured plastidip first then?
                              Can always remove that- but would give you an idea

Nice wheels BTW
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Nice update Zack, thanks - look forward to seeing how this all progresses !
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X