No announcement yet.

DeeKay's mod thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, two things arrived in the post today... not guide worthy but certainly have to show you all them both...

Photos of the floor mats don't do them just, they are really good and go so well with the black car / white roof theme. (ebay, comes with 2 small mats for the back)

The non slip mat I dunno, saw it had DS written on it so bought it (aliexpress).

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayEcks View Post
      I don't think it would be beneficial to do a guide for this one...

Buy DS logo dust caps DONE.
      please, please
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

please, please
        Har de har... just for that, here's another guide! :P

Halfords Badge... De-badged!

Step 1 - Using a heat gun or your Mrs' hair dryer (I went for the latter) heat up the badge you wish to remove, in this case, the DS3 badge in the bottom right more commonly known as 'the halfords badge'.
        Step 2 - Carefully with your fingers, try moving the badge a little, just to check if the glue is loosing up.
        Step 3 - Once satisfied that they'll be enough play in the badge, take a good length of dental floss and like an assassin trying to strangle their victim, run the floss down the back of each part of the badge, slowly and in a cutting saw style motion.
        Step 4 - Once all three elements of the badge have come off you are left with the glue residue. Heat this up again with the hair dryer...
        Step 5 - Using a adhesive remover (I bought some stuff off Amazon called Mykal Sticky Stuff Remover) and with a soft cloth, gentle in a circle motion (dunno if this is the approved technique but I found it worked), remove the glue. This step alone will take 5 - 10 mins to get the whole lot off.
        Step 6 - Clear any excess bits of glue that you've pushed around and wipe clean.
        Step 7 - Clean the back of your car with your typical high quality products that you should only ever use on your pride and joy.
        Step 8 - Polish the area where the badge was because if you look close enough, you might see a faint outline. You just need to bring the shine up to the same level as the rest of the car. Hopefully, you'll have something as seen in the photo!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

please, please
          Har de har... just for that, here's another guide! :P

Halfords Badge... De-badged!

Step 1 - Using a heat gun or your Mrs' hair dryer (I went for the latter) heat up the badge you wish to remove, in this case, the DS3 badge in the bottom right more commonly known as 'the halfords badge'.
          Step 2 - Carefully with your fingers, try moving the badge a little, just to check if the glue is loosing up.
          Step 3 - Once satisfied that they'll be enough play in the badge, take a good length of dental floss and like an assassin trying to strangle their victim, run the floss down the back of each part of the badge, slowly and in a cutting saw style motion.
          Step 4 - Once all three elements of the badge have come off you are left with the glue residue. Heat this up again with the hair dryer...
          Step 5 - Using a adhesive remover (I bought some stuff off Amazon called Mykal Sticky Stuff Remover) and with a soft cloth, gentle in a circle motion (dunno if this is the approved technique but I found it worked), remove the glue. This step alone will take 5 - 10 mins to get the whole lot off.
          Step 6 - Clear any excess bits of glue that you've pushed around and wipe clean.
          Step 7 - Clean the back of your car with your typical high quality products that you should only ever use on your pride and joy.
          Step 8 - Polish the area where the badge was because if you look close enough, you might see a faint outline. You just need to bring the shine up to the same level as the rest of the car. Hopefully, you'll have something as seen in the photo!

Comment

Another excellent detailed write up!! You're modding at a fair pace, slow down or you're gonna run out of ideas!!!
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

we wonder whats next..... maybe wing mirror decals?
              now I never mastered the art of those
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

So my foot rest finally turned up today...

Just 3 screws drilled into position. DONE

https://imgur.com/a/gZSPqki

(photos too big for forum)

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayEcks View Post

(photos too big for forum)
                  Ahhhhh… that's a let down. resize them :-)

sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

So today was the day for taking the car to Jamie at SP Tuning. Turns out there are two Jamies... anyways.

Jamie 2 kindly fitted my K&N air filter and then ran the first dyno test... (photo 1)

Just a reminder, I have a 120 HDI and just adding the filter added 7 bhp according to the graph! (photo 2)

Jamie 1 then worked his magic on the ECU, another test and boom, 153bhp.

https://imgur.com/a/I57jl68

Chuffed? Of course I am!

The lower gears have little to no delay and when working through them, the car just pulls and keeps going. DK is one happy customer!

Comment

Great^ ^ ^

Soon as I have the money, I am up there too
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Nice work by Jamie (and other Jamie) as usual! Good to see the new HDi engines are able to get the same gains as the previous ones too, rather than being tuned up versions which peter out at the same as the old ones (145ish)
                        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks to all you kind people who recommended them!

Comment

Got another basic cosmetic modification...

On Discord I mentioned about aliexpress, what is effectively a Chinese version of amazon. Bought alsorts of stuff off there and it's been great... I bought a set of these...(see photo)

They have a couple of sticky bits on them and you just cover over the door lock thing. I think they are great and for around £5 for a set of 4, bargain!

Clearly they don't have DS3's in China otherwise they'd know sending 4 is pointless so I'm happy to give my other set to anyone who'll be attending the upcoming mini golf meet.

Comment

Mod idea: Bonnet vents?
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Just looked at a thread you had from 2014... I like others would be too scared to do it...

Comment

Working...
                                X