Ben's DS3 sort of build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben's DS3 sort of build...

Hi so Ive had my DS3 about a year and half, been to loads of meets and enjoyed it for the 25000 miles ive done in it.
    So far the only thing to go wrong is the window washer fuse twice!

After a couple of months of ownership i had the custom side vinyl put on as i didnt have baguettes. This was a joint input from the club and the photoshop skills of Joni WTF.

Recently i've added some new bits to the car.

First a towbar to tow my box trailer and get my equipment about, really didnt want to have to buy a van and this was much cheaper option.
    The towbar is a witter removable and can barely been seen when taken off. The bumper cut is very small and the electrics even tuck up behind the bumper.

Second is copying the DS3 spirit guys and WTF by taking the chrome rear light surrounds and painting them black! Had a little issue with the right one cracking, and need to touch up the paint because of it. Like a man i didnt read the fitting instructions and made a mess lol!

Third is the Cituning LED surronds which come blank so i paint them black. Still have to clean up the adheasive but they look mean! Next up will be a grill wrap or plastidip, still undecided on what route to take. Would love new wheels but dont have money to spare. Remap when the warranties over as well!

Last edited by Bensds3; 22-05-2013, 19:23. Reason: my server sucks...

Awesome!

All coming together nicely!

Good work
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Looking good Ben.
      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Looking good, It's those little things that make a big difference.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Looking very nice, I like the black cat accessory
          Citroën DS3 DSport THP 150 Sport yellow / Black roof

Comment

The colour shows up the mods very well. Looking more like a stormtrooper now. Cannot wait to see it in the flesh at Trax
            sigpic

Comment

Really don't know what I think about the LED surrounds yet, Your car looks great but not sure if it'll suit mine

Comment

Nicely done Ben! LED surround look good.
                DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

Nice one Ben- cars looking good
                  Went for a Jazz trio for my birthday bash in the end (For those who non-comprendi- its music not a car)
                  See you at SOUTHEND (When it happens LOL)
                  Didnt decide on the DAEWOO or whatever it was at GOODWOOD then- Ha!
                  Bit gutless up that hill werent it- 4 up tho
                  Wonder if they repaired that trashed DS3R or wrote it off?
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

so the grill wrap is gonna happen. Pics tomorrow i hope. Then its new bellones as mine are corroding, on order no fuss from citroen. hope the new ones are better built.

Comment

cant wait to see. how much is it costing you for the wrap?
                      DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

scrap that the bloke who was doing it is an idiot. Ive not had so much trouble in trying to get something done!

This is the second time he has let me down. I email him and he says call Saturday il be able to do your car in the morning.
                        So i rang this morning and he's complaining he's busy with other fittings and with viewers for a car he's selling and that
                        i can pop down so he can take a look at it. No thanks, i've already driven to his workshop before when he neglected to
                        tell me it was shut because he couldn't get electricity (genny?).

Not the best way to run a business looks like im back to googling and getting qoutes.

Comment

Anyone know how best to get rid of the black adheasive that spilt over from applying the LED surronds. Its really bugging me and a microfibre and window cleaner only got so far. Next accessory, or not really is a car cover as i wont be driving her everyday now like i normally do so its off to bed for it.

Comment

Looking good ben. Try thinners on a rag then T-cut for the adheasive, I used it when I fitted sideskirts and front splitters to my 207. Just don't go overboard with the thinners, it will evaporate before doing any damage to your original paint work, you'll just have to be carefull near your surrounds if you painted them yourself using aerosol cans as the paint won't be has hard.
                            Could you take a close up of your towbar on and off has I don't know if to get a towbar and trailer for my new business or just a roof rack for my ladders.

Tez
                            2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

give tardis tar and adhesive remover works a treat for me pulls it rite off

Comment

Working...
                              X