No announcement yet.

Ben's DS3 sort of build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks will order some and give it a try. Yeh i can certainly take some more pics, ive got it on the car atm so il get pics tomorrow. Fuel economy on my 90 hdi was about 47mpg towing a loaded trailer, most of them where town miles though, will get a figure on the motorway when i make a trip up't north.

Comment

The autoglym bug and tar seems to shift everything- just a matter of giving it time to soak in and dissolve the adhesive.

If yer heading up the frozen wastes give me a bell
      http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
      Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Someone on here asked for close ups of the towbar was a while back but been super busy, hopefully they see this. Here they are.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
          Someone on here asked for close ups of the towbar was a while back but been super busy, hopefully they see this. Here they are.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4544[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4546[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4547[/ATTACH]
          Saw it at Trax a really good job, well done
          sigpic

Comment

It was me Ben LOL, Looks a very tidy fit thanks for putting the pics up.
            2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Does anyone know what the 2 metal loops are for that can be seen in the 4th picture on the towbar....??

Thanx
              Ken
              D-Sport 146.7ps HDi - Hickory - Pearlescent Dysentery
              MK7 Golf GTI - Performance Pack

Comment

Originally posted by kenny.c View Post
                Does anyone know what the 2 metal loops are for that can be seen in the 4th picture on the towbar....??
                Don't they attach the removable tow bar to the mount ?

Comment

Originally posted by kenny.c View Post

Thanx
                  Ken
                  they're used to attach the trailer/caravan breakaway cable
                  Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Arrr right....thanx...

Ken

Comment

BEN...did your towbar electrics need coding...? Ive read a few times that coding is nessecary....?

Thanx
                      Ken

Comment

No idea. I paid some place to do it and they took about 4 hours! I didn't fancy getting under the skin on this one with the car being so new and the precious cargo being a new trailer and equipment.

Comment

Clair has inspired me to maybe get a bit funky with some wrap colours. I've been thinking about orange for a while. Wrapping the grill, roof, and wingmirrors. il keep the black bits i have already done.

First of all I will be getting the grill in black just to see if i prefer that but im opening it up any suggestions?

Comment

Personally I think that white cars look better with darker colours on the bits and pieces. Take the Red Edition...it works much better on the black car. I'm a big fan of orange anything but I don't know if it will suit the white.
                            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by THP View Post
                              Personally I think that white cars look better with darker colours on the bits and pieces. Take the Red Edition...it works much better on the black car. I'm a big fan of orange anything but I don't know if it will suit the white.
                              Sounds like we need someone to Photoshop a DS3.
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

What about orange carbon fibre? Would be different :-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-0-1...item4abada9f97

Comment

Working...
                                X