MINE | W.i.p.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINE | W.i.p.

Allright, a bit late in the process but I thought I made myself a thread with every mod I've done so far and the ones I might do later on.

Mods done so far:

- Debadged (only the citroen letters)
    - C5 stubby
    - Custom exhaust by SkyTune engineering.
    - Forge Induction Kit
    - Forge Recirculation Valve

Mods I might do:

- Lowering springs
    - New set of rims
    - The new taillights!!
    - Headlights
    - PCV delete, depending on the situation

Pics:

When I first got it:

Recirc Valve being fitted

Exhaust

And offcourse, the dog that couldn't stop ROFL'ing..

VIDS:

Exhaust:

Induction Kit:

- NOTE: On these vids I didn't have the Recirc Valve fitted yet, hence the loud blow-off sound (Also don't be mistaken, the DS3 doesn't have a DUMP-valve, it's got a diverter valve, what u hear blowing off is simply the turbo through the filter) -

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Raain; 02-05-2013, 13:44.
    BLACK DS3 Sport Chic 150THP | Forge Induction Kit | Skytune Exhaust

Didn't you say you didn't have it mapped yesterday?
    http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
    Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

I have gotten it remapped yesterday?
      Never said the opposite :P

Comment

I know what it is- got you mixed up with Fabian...my bad lol.

Flash map or custom? The flash maps usually top out at 194. Great returns on the torque though and I mean great

Comment

Custom, they do each car individually. They did say it was measured with the hood open (not too sure why it would make a difference other than it not being cooled effectively).

Comment

Won't make any difference- the cooling air is through your intercooler and radiator (thats why they mount a fan in front of the car), not on top of the engine.

One thing I might say though is that they may not have secured your car tightly enough lookiing at the bounce on the torque curve, almost as if the wheels are slipping at max torque because it wasn't secure.

Makes a hell of a difference eh?

Comment

Looking good Raain, some really good gains with the remap. Making me more and more tempted to get one myself...
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Looks impressive.....

What sort of difference does it make to your insurance? (OK, I know you can not tell them, but if you don't and have a serious prang, etc, and my ethics wouldn't let me not tell them) - just interested really....

Regards,
                Clive.
                CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Uhm, I don't know Clive
                  But my best guess is they can't know..

21yrs and driving a +-200bhp car, they do laugh at that.

Plus, it shouldn't be detectable

@Chief, they secured it EXTREMELY tightly lol. Even one of the managers said it. And hell yeah the difference is huge. I'm more than happy with it!

Comment

Thats looks real nice Raain
                    I remember not far back you were worried to do anything because of the warranty?

Take it youve no worries now and decided to tell the world
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

well yeah, but i just couldnt resist lol.. besides all mods done are easily reversible/hidden
                      all i need to do is switch the stock diverter valve and stock airbox.

Comment

Clive- I have very very high morals but I'm afraid they stop far away from insurance firms. Are they honest? Nope. Does it still make me feel a wee bit guilty? Yes it does but I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Raain- I still think that bounce on the torque is because of the wheels shifting, sometimes it can't be helped. I would think to myself hmmm, the wheels were slipping so I might have a bit more lol

PS You need to add on bigger intercooler on your list of to do's, more important than the other stuff

Comment

Raain- my mods I have had done cost me £50 a year when I told them
                          CBLUE
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                            Raain- my mods I have had done cost me £50 a year when I told them
                            CBLUE
                            That's pretty reasonable. What company is that with? And what mods so far?
                            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Insurance is all a bit of a con IMO
                              Had to change insurer- so to be honest there was a £50 cancellation as well,but the policy itself was identical pretty much
                              They wanted 3 times the original policy price at first- frightened the life outta me- told them the mods would be reversed

Should have sussed what the original insureres were up to when they charge me bout £80 just for change of address a while back - and it was to a "better" area!

Thing that irritated me is that a DS3r werent much more to insure thn my THP 150 so i knew could get better deal

They dont like "Do it yerself " mods either. Proper receipt, professional company

Moral- shop around like hell- not all the databases have the same underwriters so dont be put off

IMO- Insure all yer mods- but hey- its a free country
                              CBLUE

Oh- ADMIRAL believe it or not- they gotta whole long list of mods to tick on line inc Nitrous injection etc etc
                              Then I phoned to make sure
                              Last edited by Chris_Blue; 24-09-2012, 11:52. Reason: addition
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X