Mark's Seat Ibiza FR 1.4 TSI Build :) *DS3 no more*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark's Seat Ibiza FR 1.4 TSI Build :) *DS3 no more*

Hey guys just thought I would create a new build thread because as of 01/10/12 my DS3 has officially been part ex'd before any more issues arose and before the engine finally gave up hope as it was starting to splutter and cut out

I've now taken delivery of a spanking new Seat Ibiza FR 1.4 TSI and loving it the engine is a beast

Know its not exactly a French Car but would still like to stay in touch with the great community and people here so if its alright with the mods

Got some images from when I picked her up from the dealer aswell as a couple from the huge M&S in Ellesmere Port but not any more as its been raining heavy for the last 3 days but already given her a name Izzy xD not the most inventive but sue me lol

WTF has been nice enough to allow me to keep posting and updating my build thread but on the Ibiza to keep in touch with everyone and I've asked for my old build thread to be deleted so I can delete some old images from photobucket and start a fresh :)

Have done some small mods:

- Changed Side, Main, Dipped to Ultra 5K Bulbs - Changed front Indicator Bulbs to Silvertek Bulbs - Removed Spare wheel and replaced with an inflation and repair kit

Got a few little mods in mind:

- Paint Calipers Red - Finish the bulbs off around the car, Rear & Side Indicator Lights - Led the interior light's - Body shop spray S Seat badge and Ibiza on boot and S badge on front grille aswell

But there's more of the big ones lol:

- Remap Stage 1 at Jabbasport or Revo looking at 220bhp with upwards of 300ibs torque all with standard exhaust air filter - Either Forge Forced Induction or a Green Panel Filter as haven't decided yet but the Forge would increase the Stage 1 remap's gains - Custom built exhaust based upon measurements of a Miltek Exhaust as they've got it spot on for power increase but would like a more personal exhaust tone - Toyo Proxy's all round - Forge Intercooler

That's about it at the mo so onto some pics one with the Fiance on her phone.... lol

hope all goes well with your new toy,i had the same problem with my 2yr old c6 the garage had it more than i did
    anyways best of luck
    regards ron
    have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Originally posted by the guardian View Post
      hope all goes well with your new toy,i had the same problem with my 2yr old c6 the garage had it more than i did
      anyways best of luck
      regards ron
      Thanks Ron I'll still be about on the forum as its a really friendly place

Comment

Looks great, hope you enjoy. I do like the Emocion Red in the Seat range.

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Shame about the downgrade !

Enjoy !

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
            Shame about the downgrade !

Enjoy !
            Cheers mate

Although not a downgrade more of an upgrade

Comment

I had the Leon for 5years and in that time the Ibiza has certainly grown up. Enjoy
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                I had the Leon for 5years and in that time the Ibiza has certainly grown up. Enjoy
                Cheers mate the Leon's are lovely cars my dad had one before the A1 would have had it off him if I had the £ at the time .
                But your right the Ibiza is in its own league now that its done some growing up outright the best car I've ever owned, the power is on instantly with the supercharger and the seats are a mix between comfy and bucket so still hug your bum lol
                I'll still be updating the build thread I'll have a crack at cleaning her later on if the rain holds off

Comment

I've had four Leon's - this one was a few years back, you know when it was pretty dirty after my usual weekly routine! So apologies, not my usual standard! Think this was at about 33,000 miles, which is a lot for me to keep them too....Lol.

Alas, I somehow think she isn't in this condition now....hope she is though......

I do need to do my DS3's engine bay really!

Last edited by CliveP; 06-10-2012, 11:40.

Comment

My Leon was the 2.0 FSI. Was going to wait for the new Leon but the model in production does not look anything like the prototype. Just looks like a bigger Ibiza.

I drove a 1.2 Ibiza Sport as a courtesy car for a week when the new model was introduced and it was horrible. Could not wait to get my Leon back. See if I can find some other photos
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                      I've had four Leon's - this one was a few years back, you know when it was pretty dirty after my usual weekly routine! So apologies, not my usual standard! Think this was at about 33,000 miles, which is a lot for me to keep them too....Lol.

Alas, I somehow think she isn't in this condition now....hope she is though......

I do need to do my DS3's engine bay really!

That's a lovely looking Leon FR Clive how come you got shut of it? Don't know what your on about the cars clean, red cars if there looked after gleam when there polished and waxed can't beat it yours looks like it was well looked after though mate .

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post

My Leon was the 2.0 FSI. Was going to wait for the new Leon but the model in production does not look anything like the prototype. Just looks like a bigger Ibiza.

I drove a 1.2 Ibiza Sport as a courtesy car for a week when the new model was introduced and it was horrible. Could not wait to get my Leon back. See if I can find some other photos
                        Nice mate do like the Leon's and know what you mean about them looking like a bigger Ibiza but that's not a bad thing, looks really nice and that its getting bi xenons supposedly as standard .
                        Its gone through a couple of changes since its release and mines the face lifted model for 2012 never driven the 1.2 but sure its just a Turbo 105bhp.
                        This model though is awesome really is loved my DS3 but it doesn't compare especially build quality wise.
                        Smooth ride very quick and smooth changes when its in Drive mode can't even feel it switching gears as that was my main concern before I test drove one but afterwards feel in love with it and got the option to stick it into sequencial mode and give it the beans really smooth transitions aswell double clutched 7 speed.
                        Just strange that Seat have changed FR to a Trim model not related to the Diesel engines like they used to be. But supposedly its only going to be Cupra and Fr's not the Boc's aswell though the cupra looks virtually the same.
                        Last edited by vmark89; 06-10-2012, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by vmark89 View Post
                          That's a lovely looking Leon FR Clive how come you got shut of it? Don't know what your on about the cars clean, red cars if there looked after gleam when there polished and waxed can't beat it yours looks like it was well looked after though mate .
                          Mark, thanks mate, I do like to keep my cars clean (I was joking about it being dirty, I never let my cars get dirty!), just take a look in the cleaning section, I've detailed a couple of DS3s for members here (would be up for machining your Seat if you fancied it, not a model I've done before).....you can't beat machining and I presume you know about proper wash technique, don't ever put a sponge near that paintwork whatever you do! Seat paintwork I find about medium in terms of hardness. Keep those swirls away (that's what machining removes) and the level of depth should stay great, even better if machined though.

I got rid of it because I like to change may cars reasonably frequently (life is too short to keep them too long!), and once I see a car I fancy I tend to change, in my case it was a Jag XF (which would have been admitting my age), or the DS3, which I love...been out in it this afternoon for a lovely little spin!

Regards,
                          Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                            Mark, thanks mate, I do like to keep my cars clean (I was joking about it being dirty, I never let my cars get dirty!), just take a look in the cleaning section, I've detailed a couple of DS3s for members here (would be up for machining your Seat if you fancied it, not a model I've done before).....you can't beat machining and I presume you know about proper wash technique, don't ever put a sponge near that paintwork whatever you do! Seat paintwork I find about medium in terms of hardness. Keep those swirls away (that's what machining removes) and the level of depth should stay great, even better if machined though.

I got rid of it because I like to change may cars reasonably frequently (life is too short to keep them too long!), and once I see a car I fancy I tend to change, in my case it was a Jag XF (which would have been admitting my age), or the DS3, which I love...been out in it this afternoon for a lovely little spin!

Regards,
                            Clive.
                            I was going to say that's gots to be the cleanest "dirty" car I've ever seen shining like a gem how long does it take for you to get your cars cleaned into that state?
                            Just opened up the cleaning section on my phone now, PC's broke but going to have a look around see if there's any tips as I've got an Auto Glym set with everything in it so seems as its dry and I can see the car getting bits of muck on her that I'll go clean her . Have you got any tips on cleaning it if you don't mind me asking? I've always used the jet wash and two desperate sponges to try and stop contamination and grit getting into the sponge but a bit off put now you've said that lol.
                            That sounds fantastic mate seen some of your work a little while ago and was meaning to comment on it think it was on a white or red DS3 but came up really well even after the member had driven it home .
                            Thanks for the offer really nice of you mate, how much would you want for doing it as I am interested would be worth a trip to get it machined and by someone who knows what there doing .

Ahh gotcha I'm sort of like that but if I find a car I really love I generally stick with it, especially if its got the potential to be modified and get good performance gains if I was to start getting used to the power of it. But the Jag XF's are lovely cars got a soft spot for Jags and Land Rovers, what made you choose the DS3 over the Jag then was it just a bit more modern, the DS3 is a looker always used to get stares in it when driving past people even more so once I had the chrome wrapped gloss black on it, made it look aggressive .

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the compliments, if you're interested in having your car machined, drop me a pm and we can discuss. Unfortuneately it's getting to the shorter days now, and I like a good long day run at it....as I won't cut any corners, ask the lads on here when I've done theirs

I could write loads on 'not' using sponges, but in essence you simply want a wash 'mitt' (Halfords do have some of sorts) as a mitt doesn't trap dirt or grit against a flat surface (sponges on the whole present a flat service to the paintwork meaning it's easy for them to lightly scratch 'i.e. 'swirl' the surface). The other trick is to have two buckets, one with your wash solution in it, the other with fresh water - then after washing each section, you rinse the mitt in the rinse solution, wring it out, then refill from the other bucket with the soap suds in it - this is simply designed to try to leave any picked up dirt in the rinse bucket....

Yes, the DS3 just felt 'funky' and 'young', I love it!

Regards,
                              Clive.

Comment

Working...
                              X