Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
    Mark,

Thanks for the compliments, if you're interested in having your car machined, drop me a pm and we can discuss. Unfortuneately it's getting to the shorter days now, and I like a good long day run at it....as I won't cut any corners, ask the lads on here when I've done theirs

Regards,
    Clive.
    I would highly recommend Clive's car cleaning expertise, I was one of the members who had his car done. Pics here.

Even now, nearly a month later, after only cleaning it once since (sorry Clive), it still looks amazing because of Clive's prep. The only thing you'll have to budget for is all the cleaning supplies you'll need to buy after seeing how good it can look. Chasing perfection as Clive says
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks Patrick, you're too kind, but much more important, I'm glad you love the results we achieved.....

Regards,
      Clive.
      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Thanks Patrick, you're too kind, but much more important, I'm glad you love the results we achieved.....

Regards,
        Clive.
        Definitely loving it, the car still looks fantastic. I'm looking forward to Saturday morning when hopefully the weather will be ok and I can attempt a mini detail again. My first weekend off in 3 weeks and planning on spending as much time as possible cleaning it. I'll post some pics if it happens.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the compliments, if you're interested in having your car machined, drop me a pm and we can discuss. Unfortuneately it's getting to the shorter days now, and I like a good long day run at it....as I won't cut any corners, ask the lads on here when I've done theirs

I could write loads on 'not' using sponges, but in essence you simply want a wash 'mitt' (Halfords do have some of sorts) as a mitt doesn't trap dirt or grit against a flat surface (sponges on the whole present a flat service to the paintwork meaning it's easy for them to lightly scratch 'i.e. 'swirl' the surface). The other trick is to have two buckets, one with your wash solution in it, the other with fresh water - then after washing each section, you rinse the mitt in the rinse solution, wring it out, then refill from the other bucket with the soap suds in it - this is simply designed to try to leave any picked up dirt in the rinse bucket....

Yes, the DS3 just felt 'funky' and 'young', I love it!

Regards,
          Clive.
          Credit where credits due though mate I had a look at your work again before on other members cars and its awesome work from yourself it really is, can't believe you get them looking better than new .
          I'll drop you a PM shortly mate and try to arrange something with yourself but I understand where your comming from with the nights drawing in as I've tried to clean then Ibiza myself for about 2 weeks now but every time I do nature has other plans lol then by the time it stops its dark rather annoyingly .
          Thanks for the advice on the sponges though much appreciated ditched the sponges that I had hanging around and got a lot of cleaning products to help including the sheep's wool mitts lovely and soft .
          I was also told to get shut of the chamois as they can be just as bad and have got a couple of super sized drying towels ready just to dab it dry to cut the chances of swirls again

You chose the best colour to get a car in aswell love bright red's might take more work to keep the paint in shape but well worth it once there polished up

Couple of pics of new cleaning stuff and few random ones of Izzy I thought I'd post replaced my ultra sidelights for leds they look blue compared to the others but there not both sidelights and dipped look the same colour and brightness oh and the Ferrari I had a play against at Morrison's, when I gave some supercharger Turbo noise love then he gunned it xD got talking to him for a bit nice guy though just surprised he can get over the bumps here lol.

Comment

Managed to get some time to wash, polish and wax Izzy today can see the house across the street in the reflection

Comment

I think youre getting this CITROEN DS3 site confused with a SEAT IBIZA site
              CBLUE
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                I think youre getting this CITROEN DS3 site confused with a SEAT IBIZA site
                CBLUE
                No need to be funny mate :/ and not gotten it confused if you had read my first post, I spoke to the WTF about still posting on here even with the Ibiza because of the people here being friendly and a good environment and was told I could so thought I'd keep people up to date , did own a DS3 till it decided it wanted to have massive engine problems so I upgraded
                Last edited by vmark89; 13-10-2012, 19:53.

Comment

Whats the SEAT site like then- no good?
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Mark,

That's a cracking result you got there with your new products

Autoglym make some great producsts - the one thing they do is create 'filler heavy' products which mask swirls well, which means if re-applied regularly will continue to do so! They have cornered the general market very well with their range of products.

Like I say Great Result!

Regards,
                    Clive.

Comment

Whats the SEAT site like then- no good?
                      CBLUE
                      Its great on a few of them all friendly and quite a few people local aswell . Just like it here aswell got a few people I get along with on here too, but if you've got a problem you don't have to look no ones forcing you too, as I said great place here while I.had my DS and be bad to just ditch and run, rather keep in touch with people

Comment

Mark,

That's a cracking result you got there with your new products

Autoglym make some great producsts - the one thing they do is create 'filler heavy' products which mask swirls well, which means if re-applied regularly will continue to do so! They have cornered the general market very well with their range of products.

Like I say Great Result!

Regards,
                        Clive.
                        Thanks Clive took me bloody ages xD but well worth it in the end.
                        Used to use the fortron stuff I had with my DS3 but the Autoglym is such a step up goes on really easily and comes off the same way think I'll be sticking with them from now on 100% .
                        I'll have to have a look for the heavy filler as it would be handy to keep around if I do start to notice some swirls but hopefully not too many with using the 2 buckets and sheeps wooly mitts and then some Autoglym cloths hi tech finishing cloths I think there called really nice .
                        Means a lot the praise comming from yourself mate

Comment

Hi Mark,

One that particularly contains the fillers is Super Resin Polish - they don't 'advertise' that as such as they don't need to - it simply gives the results with that as one of the key 'ingredients'. It's a product where truly 'less is more' ...you get great results with the right amount of product, which isn't a lot!

Worth investing in some nice microfibres - the Hi Tech cloths are decent but pricey, no problem pointing you to some others (and it's nice to have a selection too!)...

Catch you soon,
                          Clive.

Comment

+1 like srp got some nasty scratches on bonnet and rear bumper thanks to cat :\ covers them for now

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
                              +1 like srp got some nasty scratches on bonnet and rear bumper thanks to cat :\ covers them for now
                              Was that on your DS3 Matt?
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Was that on your DS3 Matt?
                                CBLUE
                                sure is.

Comment

Working...
                                X