• Show
Clear All

Bleedin uglleeeee one
    CBLUE
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
      Don't know what you're on about. Looks like a Ds3 to me.
      Maybe it's a poor angle. I'll get some better photos up this weekend.

Comment

A little bit more progress today. I'd like to get the thing stripped out for summer... the following images show the order in which I stripped the car down. any problems along the way are noted!

I'll just start off with a BMW X1 that I was looking at for Gap & Flush and Variation Reduction during the week.

If my car arrived with this visible weld just above the tail light, I would 100% be rejecting it.

Finally got the rear bumper off. 7 bolts in total, two of them hidden well away.

Here are two images of the front bumper brackets. The brackets are two pressed hangers that are spot welded to the inner wing. I say they are... what I mean is they were.

The worst of the two is the left hand side and I didn't even both to loosen the bolt. I just yanked the bumper hard, once all the other bolts were removed.

Once the bumper was off I could get on with the removal of the following;
        • Headlights
        • Slam Panel
        • Radiator Shroud
        • Radiator and Fan

The headlight to slam panel bolts were badly corroded, which gave me an excellent reason to use the angle grinder.

I now have plenty of room ready to attack the engine. Next weekend will be angle grinder to the downpipe!

The more I take the car to bits, the more I am surprised at the little amount of rot there is. I am not saying it's perfect, but I don't think I'll have to do much more than replace an inner wing. That said, I haven't seen the sills up close yet.

Can anyone spot the '£15 to get you through an MOT' weld? Absolutely appauling! Too fast a wire speed is my thought on this.

And here is the underside... not even going to bother repairing it so it will be drilled out and a new inner wing welded in place.

Aldi air tools are in this Thursday (14th March). I'll be stocking up on some nice disposable air tools!

Comment

Working...
        X