Dans small build thread....finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
    v nice , good work mate just ur rear window mould and light inserts and then its onto the big expensive stuff
    They are expensive for what they are! lol

Comment

Finally got round to getting a couple of the chrome accessories wrapped white and then fitted them and gave the car a good detail!
      Pics below!
      Last edited by Ds3Dan; 15-06-2013, 15:05.

Comment

Comment

Looking realy good! Love the colour!! :cool:
          DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Anyone who has used plasti-dip know how far 1 can goes... Need to do grill, fog surrounds and baguettes!

Comment

Originally posted by Ds3Dan View Post
              Anyone who has used plasti-dip know how far 1 can goes... Need to do grill, fog surrounds and baguettes!
              Been wondering the same thing...I know if you buy the "wheel kit" you get 4 spray cans. Based on absolutely zero scientific interpolation of that, I was thinking 2-3 cans for grill, sorrounds, and baguettes.

By the way, were you thinking white or black? Or something else entirely? I ask, because I have the same color scheme as you and have been bounching back n forth. I want to dip all the parts in white, but thinking it will be a bear to keep clean (based on my limited experience with the wheels so far).

Great looking car btw
              sigpic
              BUGor Big Red ?

Comment

Yep- mine next (Plastidip grill) as Ive done the splitter now
                Gonna get 2 cans to start
                Or should I save plastidip money for the grill and roof carbon wrap
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Yep- mine next (Plastidip grill) as Ive done the splitter now
                  Gonna get 2 cans to start
                  Or should I save plastidip money for the grill and roof carbon wrap
                  Not to hijack Dan's thread, but I've decided to go with black as I think the white will be a pain to keep clean and my look a bit tacky.

Also decided to dip my winter wheels black as well, as we're swapping out next month, and then I'll run a true "weather test" on the black wheels all winter to see how they hold up.

IF they survive the 6-7 months of shyte road conditions we have here in the winter with no peeling or flaking, then I may consider going more extreme with it

I'll be sure to post before/after pics and after-winter pics in my still to be written Work in Progress thread
                  sigpic
                  BUGor Big Red ?

Comment

Nice one, will be good to know how durable it is in extreme conditions
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X