• Show
Clear All

That's what I was thinking Gazski66! Would look very different and unique

Comment

Gaz will do lol, also kinda liking these but never heard of Borbet before

http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/...I1bDEyOC4yNQ==

Or these

http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/...4yNWwxMzAuMjU=
      Last edited by Gazski66; 11-03-2014, 23:16.
      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Borbet are a German company. Make some decent wheels!
        I just want something different and unique that will catch people's eyes ya know gaz lol

Comment

Originally posted by TyDS3 View Post
          I think I may have decided on the wheels too! Will take some saving unless I see something different but opinions? http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/...4yNWwyMjEuMjU=
          Nice- but you gotta have deep pockets for those and decent tyres
          Why not get a plain cheap set and jazz them up. Chromed, dipped, powder coated etc etc. Have a look at the shows in the summer
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I just don't want to get anything bland, boring or like every other Tom, Dick and Harry.
            Bumblebee will be lowered so will want something unique. The car is by no means fast so rota wheels and similar will not suit it. Gotta be something Euro I think like Borbets or BBS etc

Comment

Borbets are nice, maybe Momo's too?
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Ok so I've owned the car a month and my first decent purchase happened...The day started with Mr Bilstein delivering some of his finest B14 coilovers.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_12197642685427.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	356515
                So as we started to take apart the coilovers, we encountered a problem...Gearbox oil everywhere due to the driveshaft being moved!

Name:	10157036_10153985324730323_815713802_n.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	356513
                After a few hours, we had finally made some progress, removed the rear adjusters to give it a tiny bit more drop and this is a before & after she was washed/lowered.

Name:	bb.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	356514

Comment

Sorry not my cup of tea. IMO the bottom picture looks like the suspension at the front end has collapsed, but hey each to their own. If you like it then that's all that matters.
                  Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                  Take a pride in your ride
                  @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Certianly good for handling and bendy country roads- lower profile tyres next on the list?
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Well we just set the coilovers to their lowest setting and this is how it's turned out. Beautiful stance nose down!
                      Plans you ask? Yes.
                      Tomorrow I shall hopefully be ordering a twin exit back box just to give it a better look and a bit of noise but if it is too noisy, I'll take it off. Also will get a panel filter, Fly-Eye kit is on it's way in the post, I've had paint made to match the car so I can do the black plastic splitters on the side skirts and front bumper to make it look even lower and will get all the chrome sprayed gloss black to match the roof.
                      I want to upgrade to 18's and stretch some tyres but not a lot.
                      I've also got a big audio upgrade planned but that will take months.

Comment

Didnt you fancy one of the DSports to start your modding with?
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

If I'm honest Chris, I wasn't even going to buy a DS3...it was definitely not what I was even looking at and I got a good deal so just snatched it. Unfortunately I didn't take the time into looking at different models of the DS3 etc else I probably would of got the sport but the Style Plus is alright...it will be a lot better when I finish with it.
                          In a years time, I will have her on air suspension too.

Comment

You certainly seem to have some plans Ty. Good luck :-)
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Ty, I'm following you on instagram, love the car!

I had a Dstyle before my Dsport Plus, and I fitted the standard Dsport twinpipe exhaust to it (bought on eBay for about £40) - this could be something to consider if you don't want an exhaust that is too loud? It gives off a good note...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                I had a Dstyle before my Dsport Plus, and I fitted the standard Dsport twinpipe exhaust to it (bought on eBay for about £40) - this could be something to consider if you don't want an exhaust that is too loud? It gives off a good note...
                                +1 to this. Edwardospeako has Liams old DSport back box and it sounds much better
                                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                                X