Show - Wings & Wheels - Sunday 27th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF LINE-UP CONFIRMED
    Wings & Wheels is delighted to confirm the RAF Red Arrows will be headlining the 2017 air display along with the RAF Typhoon Display team and the Lancaster and two Spitfires from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. The teams will be displaying both days on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th August at the historic setting of Dunsfold Aerodrome, near Guildford in Surrey.

The Red Arrows, who first displayed to the public in 1965, are renowned as one of the world’s premier aerobatic teams and have performed more than 4,800 times in 57 countries. The Hawk aircraft the team currently flies has a special place in the history of the Aerodrome having flown off the production line at Dunsfold in 1974 in the hands of Duncan Simpson.

The unmissable Typhoon will #bringthenoise2017 as Flight Lieutenant Ryan Lawton demonstrates the incredible agility and power the aircraft has to offer. It’s a crowd and team favourite!

Commemorating those who have fallen in the service of this country and displaying priceless artefacts of our national heritage, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight will fill the skies over Dunsfold with the Lancaster and two Spitfires. Commemorating 75 years since the Second World War Aerodrome was constructed, the BBMF display will be a fitting tribute to the history of Dunsfold Aerodrome.

Jamie McAllister, Event Director comments: “The Wings & Wheels air display line-up has got off to a fantastic start with confirmation of the Red Arrows, Typhoon and BBMF joining us on both days. All these aircraft have a special place in the history of the Aerodrome and it is a pleasure to welcome them back. We have more great displays in the pipeline to announce that will complement the RAF allocation so watch this space!”
    The 13th annual Wings & Wheels will be held over the August Bank holiday weekend; Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th August 2017, at Dunsfold Park near Guildford, Surrey, and is open to spectators from 09:00 until 21:00.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
      RAF LINE-UP CONFIRMED
      Wings & Wheels is delighted to confirm the RAF Red Arrows will be headlining the 2017 air display along with the RAF Typhoon Display team and the Lancaster and two Spitfires from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. The teams will be displaying both days on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th August at the historic setting of Dunsfold Aerodrome, near Guildford in Surrey.

The Red Arrows, who first displayed to the public in 1965, are renowned as one of the world’s premier aerobatic teams and have performed more than 4,800 times in 57 countries. The Hawk aircraft the team currently flies has a special place in the history of the Aerodrome having flown off the production line at Dunsfold in 1974 in the hands of Duncan Simpson.

The unmissable Typhoon will #bringthenoise2017 as Flight Lieutenant Ryan Lawton demonstrates the incredible agility and power the aircraft has to offer. It’s a crowd and team favourite!

Commemorating those who have fallen in the service of this country and displaying priceless artefacts of our national heritage, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight will fill the skies over Dunsfold with the Lancaster and two Spitfires. Commemorating 75 years since the Second World War Aerodrome was constructed, the BBMF display will be a fitting tribute to the history of Dunsfold Aerodrome.

Jamie McAllister, Event Director comments: “The Wings & Wheels air display line-up has got off to a fantastic start with confirmation of the Red Arrows, Typhoon and BBMF joining us on both days. All these aircraft have a special place in the history of the Aerodrome and it is a pleasure to welcome them back. We have more great displays in the pipeline to announce that will complement the RAF allocation so watch this space!”
      The 13th annual Wings & Wheels will be held over the August Bank holiday weekend; Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th August 2017, at Dunsfold Park near Guildford, Surrey, and is open to spectators from 09:00 until 21:00.
      Now you're talking. And I've got the whole weekend so I'll have to get down. Anyone got any recommendations for a good hotel nearby?

Comment

We've stayed here before:
        https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/460/Fleet-hotel

We always use as a meet point too, has everything you need in the morning - jet wash, coffee and fuel and in the evening - beer
        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Just seen the update - thanks Joni, would you be able to whatsapp me when its time to get tickets ? I will keep popping in and out but in case I miss it.....

Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Are we good to book tickets or still waiting for stand confirmation?
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Still waiting I emailed them on the 17th and they said:

I do indeed have your application for the Sunday!
              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Emailing them again to see if there is any news
                My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Got this today

I have the fantastic news that we would love to have you along to Wings & Wheels this year.

You are allowed four discounted tickets per car including the driver. The costs for tickets are as follows:

Wheels Zone Adult Day - £15

Wheels Zone Child Day - £5

Tickets will be via me again, I'll post some details shortly
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Yeeeeeeeee boiiiiiiiiii!
                    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Woo. Might have to come down

Comment

A must see!!
                        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                          Got this today

I have the fantastic news that we would love to have you along to Wings & Wheels this year.

You are allowed four discounted tickets per car including the driver. The costs for tickets are as follows:

Wheels Zone Adult Day - £15

Wheels Zone Child Day - £5

Tickets will be via me again, I'll post some details shortly
                          I'm well up for that Let me know when I need to pay Joni
                          sigpic

Comment

If it wasnt a 3 hour and a half drive i would

Comment

Originally posted by BennettDS3 View Post
                              If it wasnt a 3 hour and a half drive i would
                              It's worth it. Also not that far from the hotel we usually stay at in Fleet.
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by beefmasta View Post
                                it's worth it. Also not that far from the hotel we usually stay at in fleet.
                                got the hotel link?

Comment

Working...
                                X