Lake District 10th - 13th July 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake District 10th - 13th July 2015

Well there it is. A date. That's about the only progress that's been made.

Well I tell a lie. I have been looking around trying to find the best solution to the whole camping/hotel thing.

My solution is a youth hostel. I know some of you will put your nose up to this... But believe me, hostels are probably not quite as bad as you imagine them to be.

After traveling I have stayed in some really terrible hostels in Asia. A hostel is only as good as the people in it!!!

You have to remember, we are talking about the lake district and driving roads which are generally in the rural areas. The majority of the hotels are on the outskirts, which means we will constantly be driving back and forth across the same road opposed to being more central. The other issue is the camp sites are more central compared to the hotels, so people won't be together. (Plus most the camp sites don't want groups).

So that's it. 10th - 13th July WILL be the date. So feel free to book it off. That's a Friday - Monday. Doubt much will happen on the Friday, so people can drive up after work if they wish. Saturday will be the main driving day for roads, Sunday will be slightly different as I anticipate some people needing to leave as not having Monday off. (although I recommend booking Monday off)

How does everyone feel about a hostel? (NOTE: We can get private rooms for couples/people who don't want to share with others) The prices appear to be about £25pppn.

Thoughts? Feelings? Can you list
    A) what days you will try to attend
    B) if you're alright staying in a hostel (room allocation/private rooms can be sorted later) and
    C) if approx £25pppn is ok for your budget.

Remember food/petrol will be on top. I'll come up with rough petrol prices later (as in not now & not today)

Awww gutted I'm on holiday then nevermind!!
    Instagram Hannah291189

Comment

Sounds good to me mate. All 4 days for me.
      2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

I live in the lake district.. WOO! where abouts will this be?

Comment

Off work those two weeks , see if the wife fancies a few days in the lakes or Egyptian sunshine hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Wes79 View Post
            Sounds good to me mate. All 4 days for me.
            Will confirm nearer the time but should be good for the 4 days too.
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I'll put time off in for the 4 days. As I'm based in Grasmere, I'll see where the meet will be held before I say yes/no to the hostel idea
              Aka:
              Alex

:ds3:
              Blue Phoenix
              DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

I use to work at Helvellyn YHA hostel and Patterdale hostel, but Helvellyn is the best hostel to stay at :-) cracking views and a big car park not far from hostel.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                  Will confirm nearer the time but should be good for the 4 days too.
                  This!

Comment

I would love to come and will have to see nearer the time I'm afraid.
                    Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Don't forget to put in time off for this guys

As I'm based around here, I'm going to see if I can get a straight early shift on the Friday and save a holiday and just request the Sat-Mon off
                      Request form goes in this coming Thursday.
                      Aka:
                      Alex

:ds3:
                      Blue Phoenix
                      DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Working...
                      X