Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkeyworld & Tankfest 27th & 28th June

So this is the initial plan;

Travel down Friday night/Saturday morning. Friday, I will sort out a coastal drive, and a meal in a local pub/hotel in the evening.

Saturday we will go to Monkeyworld, which is a great day out, and people can arrive when they want and meet up inside if necessary as it will be quite a chilled day.

This would be followed by a meal at a local pub or the hotel, then on Sunday:

TANKFEST 2015 - The World’s best display of moving armour returns to The Tank Museum!
    Experience the best display of historic moving armour in the world at The Tank Museum – bringing the story of tanks, tank crew and soldiers to life...

Historic vehicle displays will include vehicles making their show debuts, with a number of old favourites returning to the arena.

Guest Tanks!

We are currently in negotiations to have the 38T tank and Type 95 Ha-Go as special guests in our arena displays at next year's Tankfest.

Dan Snow

Dan Snow, broadcaster and historian, will be joining guests in the Director's Enclosure to speak at this year's Tankfest. Dan Snow has researched, written and presented several documentaries on British and World History for the BBC, including the BAFTA award-winning, "Battlefield Britain". His writing has appeared in renowned publications like The Times, the Guardian, and BBC History Magazine, Dan is also the author of "Death or Victory" – a history of Wolfe’s siege of Quebec.

Swing Unlimited Big Band

One of the South coast's most popular swing bands will be attending Tankfest 2015! Swing Unlimited Big Band is a Dorset-based group of jazz musicians, who delight audiences with incredible big band performances. The 10 piece band will be attendingfor the weekend of Tankfest 2015 in the Entertainment Marquee. Visit there website for more information www.swingunlimitedbigband.co.uk.

Matilda

The Museum's Matilda II is being specially restored to run at Tankfest. The Matilda II was known as the "Queen of the Desert", owing to its dominance of the Western Desert battlefield between late 1940 and early 1941. They went to the North African Desert with 7 RTR in summer 1940 and played a major role in the destruction of the Italian Army in Libya.

This will be a great couple of days, and I am still working on a couple of extras for the weekend

Links:

Bovington Tank Museum: http://www.tankmuseum.org/home

Monkey World: http://www.monkeyworld.org/

OK, so here is the plan for the 2 days.

Saturday

10am - Meet at Monkeyworld(BH20 6HH) for when they open.
    2:30-3:00pm Leave Monkeyworld and visit ds.poole(BH15 2AA) showroom.
    4:30pm Leave ds.poole and take the scenic route to Chesil Beach(DT4 9XE) for good photo ops, via Weymouth seafront.
    6:00pm Leave Chesil Beach and drive the coastal road to West Bexington(DT2 9DG) for more photo ops.
    6:45pm Leave West Bexington and complete the coastal road on the way to the Smugglers Inn.
    7:30pm Arrive at Smugglers Inn(DT3 6HF) for evening meal.

Sunday

8:30am Meet up at Bovington Tank Museum(BH20 6JG) for Tankfest!

Tankfest Timetable

9.00 am – Site Opens
    9.00 am – Vehicle Rides start
    10.30 am – Director, Richard Smith, officially opens the show.
    10.35 am – Shock & Awe Leopards Display
    10.45 am – CVR(T)s - Musical Display
    11.00 am – The Tank Pull Challenge
    12.00 pm - British Armed Forces Display
    12.45 pm – LUNCH BREAK
    2.15 pm – Leopards re-open the afternoon display.
    2.25 pm – Wheels No Tracks
    2.55 pm – Born in the USA
    3.05 pm – Eastern Europe
    3.15 pm – Western Europe
    3.45 pm – Historic Armour
    4.15 pm – Spitfire display
    4.30 pm – Grand Finale Battle
    5.00 pm – End of Grand Finale Battle
    6.00pm – Site & Museum Closes
    Times are approximate and are subject to change.

If you would like to join us for any part of this weekend, that would be great! Please do not feel that you have attend the whole weekend, you are welcome to join us for any part of it. So if for example you want to pop along to ds.poole or just join us for a drive, then you will be most welcome.
    Please add to the thread what sections you would like to join us for.
    Last edited by Soran; 15-06-2015, 21:47.
    sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
    Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Much prefer the Tank Fest option mate, as I think I would be a bit stretched to do Jan/Feb so soon after Xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
      Much prefer the Tank Fest option mate, as I think I would be a bit stretched to do Jan/Feb so soon after Xmas.
      Agreed
      Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
      Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

If its raining / wet then most of the monkeys, apes, etc. will be hiding / under shelter, they don't like the wet.

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
          If its raining / wet then most of the monkeys, apes, etc. will be hiding / under shelter, they don't like the wet.
          Which is why they have big glass windows in their enclosures.
          sigpic

Comment

Tank fest!!!
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Option 2 for me.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Tanks are always good
                DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

No offense to Murray Walker OBE, but gotta roll with tank fest
                  Aka:
                  Alex

:ds3:
                  Blue Phoenix
                  DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

If there's tanks blowing shit up I'm definitely there for tank fest
                    DS3 Evo Edition
                    Sport Red
                    E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
                    Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

Ok looks like it's Tankfest/Monkeyworld FTW, so can this be added to the meet diary for 27/28th June please?
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep, will add when home
                        My DS3R3... nearly....
                        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Tankfest but more importantly monkeyyyyssss
                          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Tankfest indeed!

Comment

Yeah talkfest and de monkeys
                              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
                              X