No announcement yet.

Show - French Car Show - 4th - 5th June 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yip, gotta be there bright and early Pete. Bfast on arrival sounds a right treat :P
    Aka:
    Alex

:ds3:
    Blue Phoenix
    DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Folks will have to let me know if you are vegetarian, I'll see about getting something else like Salmon, Corn cob, etc. for the BBQ instead (AS WELL AS, oops) of just bacon, sausages and burgers.
      Last edited by pmk; 05-04-2016, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
        Folks will have to let me know if you are vegetarian, I'll see about getting something else like Salmon, Corn cob, etc. for the BBQ instead of just bacon, sausages and burgers.
        Don't you dare!
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
          Folks will have to let me know if you are vegetarian, I'll see about getting something else like Salmon,
          I hate to break it to you Pete but Salmon isn't a vegetable.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Edited post lol, Salmon not a veg ooooohhhhhhh no haha

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
              We allocate on the day who is near the front, but we have a huge area, so there is going to be a lot of front row coverage.

I'm planning on parking everyone similar to how it was on Saturday, so even those behind on the 2nd row get a clear view and can be seen Maybe add a few angles, cars facing other directions etc.

It was also great being able to open doors without the worry of getting close to someone elses.
              Yeah sounds good [emoji106]
              I'll go where I'm told tbh.

Yeah Saturday's layout was mint tbh.
              Made for some good three car photos [emoji106]

Comment

Don't forget that each member ideally should be catering for themselves for the day re food. I don't want Pete feeding the hold stand! If you are coming, please being your own grub - as we have done each year!

The club will provide the condiments, cheese, plates etc AND breakfast. But for your own requirments and personal taste, please remember its up to you to take items for the BBQ. Plus drinks and snacks for the pile we share amongst the stand - #teamds3club.

More details to follow re what to bring. We've got a while before we start getting the shopping lists ready!

But on that subject - there are quite a few offers around on camping chairs. So might be worth grabbing them. They don't take up much space in your car and make the world of difference re sitting around all day on the stand!
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I booked my tickets see you there ��

Comment

Ok, for those that are looking at hotelling it.

We've found the best location is SN5 8UD.

This has:

Hilton Swindon
                    http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/uni...NHN/index.html

Swindon West
                    http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hote...st-m4-j16.html

We tend to meet up early (guessing 7 at the mo) at the end of the car park and head off in convoy. There is a Costa and a small shop for supplies before we set off. (full plans to follow re that)

There is a Beefeater on site for drinks and a catch up in the evenings, and as we well know Sally Pussey's is not far away

Over the road:
                    Holiday Inn Express SWINDON - WEST M4, JCT.16
                    http://www.expressswindon.co.uk/

This time last year I think Stavers booked in for £80. So If you see an offer, post here to let everyone know! There seems to be a few offers flying about for one of these hotel chains. We booked into the Hilton Last year because it was cheaper.

This will be the meet point for the convoy, so if you did want to stay elsewhere and meet up in the morning then please bear in mind the travel time to the meet point etc

There are a few traffic lights out of the hotel, but if anyone gets split up, there is a good stretch of motorway to catch up and re group.
                    Yea, sounds about that Joni. Just checked and prices for 2 nights (Fri & Sat) are:

Premier Inn Swindon £102.00

Hilton £104.00

Holiday Inn Express £106.00

Tickets booked
                    Aka:
                    Alex

:ds3:
                    Blue Phoenix
                    DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Don't forget that each member ideally should be catering for themselves for the day re food. I don't want Pete feeding the hold stand! If you are coming, please being your own grub - as we have done each year!

The club will provide the condiments, cheese, plates etc AND breakfast. But for your own requirments and personal taste, please remember its up to you to take items for the BBQ. Plus drinks and snacks for the pile we share amongst the stand - #teamds3club.

More details to follow re what to bring. We've got a while before we start getting the shopping lists ready!

But on that subject - there are quite a few offers around on camping chairs. So might be worth grabbing them. They don't take up much space in your car and make the world of difference re sitting around all day on the stand!
                      Oh where did you see the chair offers Joni ? I could do with picking up a couple - thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                        Oh where did you see the chair offers Joni ? I could do with picking up a couple - thanks
                        They're always on sale..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cheap+camping+chair
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                          2 for £10 in Tesco atm.
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Is that a lumbar support chair with cupholder?! They usually retail at around £60!
                            LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                              Is that a lumbar chair with cupholder?!
                              It's got a cupholder, I wouldn't say it has lumbar support though, lol. Click here.
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Love it! Executive Folding Chair at Tescos for those executive meetings in the services car park in the rain!
                                LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X