London Meet - 11th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Meet - 11th May

Hi everyone here are the plans for our London meet. Everyone is welcome and you can join or leave us at any point in the day.

Sunday 11th May 2014
    0900 - Gumball 3000 Meet Krispy Kreme Shannon Corner*
    1200 - Meet at Tesco New Malden (Shannon Corner) car park for drive down to pub
    1220 - Depart
    1310 - Arrive at The Grasshopper Inn for lunch, photos etc.

*The Gumball Get Together usually takes place on the second Sunday of every month. We're still waiting on confirmation from Gumball that the event will take place on the 11th, we should know by the end of April. If the event does not take place we'll meet at Krispy Kreme at midday for the drive down to the Grasshopper Inn. More details will be passed on as soon as we have them.

Please do not park inside Krispy Kreme if the Gumball Get Together is taking place, it's likely that you'll get boxed in and won't be able to leave at 12. Please park either on the streets around Krispy Kreme (it's a Sunday so restrictions are relaxed) or inside the nearby Tesco car park (location below).

Locations:
    Krispy Kreme - Burlington Road, New Malden, KT3 4NA Google Map
    Tesco New Malden - 300 Beverley Way, New Malden, Greater London KT3 4PJ Google Map
    The Grasshopper Inn - Moorhouse (A25), Kent, TN16 2EU Google Map

June's meet will take place in North London, details are TBC.

--- Original Post ---

Hi everyone, it would be nice to get a London meet going.

In terms of dates I'm thinking the second weekend in May (10th or 11th) as the club diary for April is looking pretty busy.

We're still pretty open to location suggestions. The Ace Café has been mentioned and Shannon Corner Krispy Creme wouldn't be a bad shout either. Anywhere really with enough to see and do, a big enough car park and with some nice roads for us to convoy down would be good for us!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RichardL; 08-04-2014, 12:33. Reason: Added meet details

Id prob travel up for this! Good idea richard
    2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

That weekend is good for me
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I can't make that weekend but this sounds like a great idea and would be up for the next one
        sigpic

Comment

I can do Shannon Corner on the Saturday

Comment

Great to see so much interest in this already!

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            I can't make that weekend but this sounds like a great idea and would be up for the next one
            If the turnout is good we should definitely consider making this a regular thing, perhaps monthly or bi-monthly. Or even perhaps monthly alternating between South and North London.

Comment

Off to Google where Shannon Corner is
              Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Ohh only an hour from home, should be ok. Need to check dates but promising.
                Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Im down for any london meet.

Comment

Have you looked at doing this on the Gumball 3000 weekends?
                    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                      Have you looked at doing this on the Gumball 3000 weekends?
                      We could do, but they're getting very very busy and I've got a feeling that the next one will be at a different location because the Krispy Kreme just wasn't big enough last time around. I shot this video at this month's meet! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egpvQT7gNAU

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
                        We could do, but they're getting very very busy and I've got a feeling that the next one will be at a different location because the Krispy Kreme just wasn't big enough last time around. I shot this video at this month's meet! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egpvQT7gNAU
                        See what you mean Richard, that does look busy lol
                        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Yeah that looks a little rammed
                          sigpic

Comment

that looks ridiculous! Remember going to Gumball start years ago and that was busy, but was a lot more organised than that.

Would drive me nuts
                            Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Yep my poor little stormtrooper was boxed in by at least 15 other cars!
                              I'll be there again next time, I'll probably start a thread as soon as John puts up the details for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X