No announcement yet.

2015 - Our 5th Full Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work guys! This is one of very few places on the web I visit every day. Keep being awesome!

Comment

Agree with everything said so far, this is a fantastic club to be part of.

I bought my DS3 last May, but joined the forum a year before, as well as keeping an eye on the DS4, c4owners and other forums. I was torn between getting a DS3 and a DS4. I have been using forums, bulletin boards, IRC, etc since the mid 90's and am active in quite a few to this day. In fact I met my ex in an online Star Trek community in the late 90's! An active forum is what keeps the club gaining members, it is a place to chat, get advice, and have a laugh in the shoutbox, and it was this that helped me decide that I wanted more than just another car, but one that would let become part of a fun community. So the DS3 was bought!

DS3club has one of the most active forums on the web, which keeps the club growing, and even though we are more than just a forum, it is the part of the club that binds us together, and helps build our impressive growth on all forms of social media. I knew all about DS3's before buying one thanks to this forum, which was not the case with other club forums on the web.

A month after buying my DS3 I was at Longleat/FCS, not knowing anyone at all, but was made to feel very welcome, and I had a great weekend and made some great new friends. I went to pretty much every meet I could after that, and we always have a great time. I have met new people at pretty much every meet, and we always have a good turnout, not just the same 2 or 3 people having a meet like I have seen elsewhere on the club scene.

The club has had a real positive impact on my life, and I have made some great friends. The passion we share for our cars brought us together, but it's the great members who make the club what it is, and the number of active members who no longer own a DS3 but stay part of the club speaks volumes. Massive thanks to Joni(and Liam) for the work that goes into the club, and to everyone else for being part of it.

Really looking forward to all the meets this year and to see the club continue to grow.

We are number 1, We will stay number, we don't have to play "keeping up with Jones's"

And don't forget:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
      sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
      Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by Soran View Post

We are number 1, We will stay number, we don't have to play "keeping up with Jones's"

And don't forget:

Hear hear!

Comment

#ds3club just keeps on growing
          Last edited by MARK.A; 24-01-2015, 04:19.
          http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
          2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
          DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Originally posted by Soran View Post
            Agree with everything said so far, this is a fantastic club to be part of.

I bought my DS3 last May, but joined the forum a year before, as well as keeping an eye on the DS4, c4owners and other forums. I was torn between getting a DS3 and a DS4. I have been using forums, bulletin boards, IRC, etc since the mid 90's and am active in quite a few to this day. In fact I met my ex in an online Star Trek community in the late 90's! An active forum is what keeps the club gaining members, it is a place to chat, get advice, and have a laugh in the shoutbox, and it was this that helped me decide that I wanted more than just another car, but one that would let become part of a fun community. So the DS3 was bought!

DS3club has one of the most active forums on the web, which keeps the club growing, and even though we are more than just a forum, it is the part of the club that binds us together, and helps build our impressive growth on all forms of social media. I knew all about DS3's before buying one thanks to this forum, which was not the case with other club forums on the web.

A month after buying my DS3 I was at Longleat/FCS, not knowing anyone at all, but was made to feel very welcome, and I had a great weekend and made some great new friends. I went to pretty much every meet I could after that, and we always have a great time. I have met new people at pretty much every meet, and we always have a good turnout, not just the same 2 or 3 people having a meet like I have seen elsewhere on the club scene.

The club has had a real positive impact on my life, and I have made some great friends. The passion we share for our cars brought us together, but it's the great members who make the club what it is, and the number of active members who no longer own a DS3 but stay part of the club speaks volumes. Massive thanks to Joni(and Liam) for the work that goes into the club, and to everyone else for being part of it.

Really looking forward to all the meets this year and to see the club continue to grow.

And don't forget:

Well said [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]
            http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
            2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
            DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

I am very proud to be a member of this amazing club , keep up the good work Joni & Liam see you all soon at the next meet for donuts and coffee
              If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Now, I don't want to put a downer on this. But with the same staff, same members , new cars and mx5club.co.uk.... We will truly be on to something.

But I suppose what we have is an acceptable second to that.

Thanks.

Comment

Well said twin!
                  C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Thank you guys

And thank you all for the thoughtful replies, means a lot to me that you have taken the time to reply and some with such an great insight to your affiliation and relationship to the site and members <3
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

This club is great because I'm in it, and have been longer than most of you haha.

Fantastic memories with this place. Especially of Advocate and ChiefNerd - I miss them and their strange arguments with me.

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                        Fantastic memories with this place. Especially of Advocate and ChiefNerd - I miss them and their strange arguments with me.
                        Ahhhh memories!! Its been a mad 5 years so far......

'Whats in that glass'
                        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Great post Joni - you and Liam are the heart and soul of this place and together we make this place awesome !!! That's why we all keep coming to the meets and even to just post on the forum cos this is the original and the best and you don't need to be part of a weird clique to be members !!

Keep up the good work and see you all in 2015 !
                          sigpic

Comment

Chiefnerd- those were the days
                            Get yer tinhat on
                            Skoda nowadays so I believe
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Start of 2015
                              Threads 10,853
                              Posts 175,289
                              Members 5,515

3 month update
                              Threads 11,149
                              Posts 179,911
                              Members 5,701

First three months have been great across all platforms. We smashed 3000 followers on instagram, we only lost about 200 when they cleared a lot of the spam accounts, so didn't have too much to catch up on. Don't forget to search and use #ds3club on IG and Twitter

Facebook is doing well, I love sharing posts to the page, so please do show off on there too!

Great news about the sticker you requested from Reforma, just getting price set and it will be all go to order. Had a great chat with them about vinyl and some tips about the cutter we are saving up for. I'll be able to make custom stickers for you and design some new ones for the shop. These will be smaller ones I can post to you, so won't impact the service we get from Reforma re larger decals for your car.

Seeing lots of new members and looking forward to meeting many of you at meets and shows this year! If you have any questions, I have a FAQ thread HERE

Lots of plans ahead and I will keep you all updated! If you have any queries or suggestions for the site and club in 2015, please post here or fire me a PM. This is collectively your club, so I'd love for you to have your say and input.

DS3Club - We put the Spirit in DS3!
                              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

I posted a picture on Twitter late last night and the response was amazing so that will get a bit more publicity
                                Stupidity built in at no extra cost

Comment

Working...
                                X