• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
    Thought that was your pick-up line!

JB
    And it's a winner mate!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by #becauseracecar View Post
      Had s look before, not that helpful :/
      What dealer are you looking at if you don't mind me asking?
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
        What dealer are you looking at if you don't mind me asking?
        It's the Manchester campus
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          Hi Guy,

Working in sales is definitely all about being a people person and working to their expectations, customers are a tricky and prickly bunch!

Been working within Citroen for nearly 15 years now but every dealer will have a different pay structure so it is hard to comment on what pay is like, for me I earn a slice across the top but I also do a lot more than the average sales person as I also write my own PX's and earn on trade as well. The advantage of a larger group will be more chances to advance through the ranks to the manager positions.

If you want to know anything then drop me a line any time

This little sales motto is always worth noting - "Some will, some won't, so what, move on"
          Thanks for your help dude, will be in contact with you shortly. But I must sleep. Finished s night shift 2 and a half hours ago!
          sigpic

Comment

How u get on Guy? Hope it went well
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by #becauseracecar View Post
              Waiting for him to turn up, Patrick told me his name on Facebook but obviously he doesn't know me [emoji28]

If someone could show him this thread that would be great
              Everyone knows you Guy !! Wasn't Biggie at the FCS in the summer, the one where you lost your steering wheel ?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                Everyone knows you Guy !! Wasn't Biggie at the FCS in the summer, the one where you lost your steering wheel ?
                I'm not familiar with people from the ds3 club, only a few
                sigpic

Comment

I got a job at a big dealership years ago before i started an apprenticeship, didnt last very long lol.

Thought ok this will be good, like cars and dont mind speaking to new people.

Did a 3day training course which was basically learning a script and how to be a sales shark, started at the dealership and the hours were so long and boring and it was working 6 days a week with a wednesday off and like 1 sunday every month

There are certainly better jobs out there, if you like hands on and technical work then i would advise engineering apprenticeship, i did and i have never looked back since!

Comment

Originally posted by colganraz View Post
                    I got a job at a big dealership years ago before i started an apprenticeship, didnt last very long lol.

Thought ok this will be good, like cars and dont mind speaking to new people.

Did a 3day training course which was basically learning a script and how to be a sales shark, started at the dealership and the hours were so long and boring and it was working 6 days a week with a wednesday off and like 1 sunday every month

There are certainly better jobs out there, if you like hands on and technical work then i would advise engineering apprenticeship, i did and i have never looked back since!
                    Any places you recommend to do such apprenticeships?

Like you I am more interested in the technical side also

P.s not heard anything from citroen yet
                    sigpic

Comment

Nah not unless you was in leeds. I know some guys through college who work on maintenance at unilever (huge company) and get 28k a year when they finish.. sometimes worth looking for the big companies!

Another big engineering firm in leeds make big valves and parts for oil lines and some of my mates are earning way over 30k, some even over 40k with overtime.

Have a look at government apprenticeships websites theres loaaads of different engineering jobs. From repairing over head cranes, fork lift trucks, working on maintenance or using engineering for production. I myself work in maintenance for a big glass processing company, doing routine maintenance and repairing glass machinery. Probably over 40 different types of machines and always lots of interesting work to do. Everyday is different. Im only 2 years into a 4 year apprenticeship but i have loved it so far. So many prospects when im finished too..

College is interesting too, all engineering jobs follow same route. First year was using lathes, milling machines and various other engineering equipment, we did about 15 projects in total.. 2nd year classroom based covering loads of different subjects, metallurgy etc. 3rd year will be more based on maintenance operations but others will do more mechanical or electrical depending on what route they take in their apprenticeships.

Dont be shy of apprenticeships due to age aswell. I go to college with people who are 30+

Comment

Originally posted by colganraz View Post
                        Nah not unless you was in leeds. I know some guys through college who work on maintenance at unilever (huge company) and get 28k a year when they finish.. sometimes worth looking for the big companies!

Another big engineering firm in leeds make big valves and parts for oil lines and some of my mates are earning way over 30k, some even over 40k with overtime.

Have a look at government apprenticeships websites theres loaaads of different engineering jobs. From repairing over head cranes, fork lift trucks, working on maintenance or using engineering for production. I myself work in maintenance for a big glass processing company, doing routine maintenance and repairing glass machinery. Probably over 40 different types of machines and always lots of interesting work to do. Everyday is different. Im only 2 years into a 4 year apprenticeship but i have loved it so far. So many prospects when im finished too..

College is interesting too, all engineering jobs follow same route. First year was using lathes, milling machines and various other engineering equipment, we did about 15 projects in total.. 2nd year classroom based covering loads of different subjects, metallurgy etc. 3rd year will be more based on maintenance operations but others will do more mechanical or electrical depending on what route they take in their apprenticeships.

Dont be shy of apprenticeships due to age aswell. I go to college with people who are 30+
                        Thank you very much for your help bud. Will keep you updated!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if I can help you with information search, but I know one good service that can help you with information search and write a good report. I'm not into writing, that's why I always go to resume planet if I need any help. I'm not sure how your research is progressing, but I really advise you to work with them if you have any problems.

Comment

Working...
                          X