No announcement yet.

Level playing field for both sexes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all very well getting rid of the gender discrimination, but this isn't really helping anyone is it? All that will happen is female insurance will go up, males won't go down. So as a guy I will be paying the same, any couple who share finances now have to pay more combined. This would be positive for men if it meant ours went down and their's went up to somewhere in the middle. But I'm sure insurance companies are licking their lips right now at the prospect of more money. Who knows what might happen a couple of years down the line, things could start to drop if the ladies don't want to fork out the extra any more. But they might just cover this by putting everything up, as people in general will always pay their insurance.
    Desperately wanting a DS3. Currently own a not so amazing blue 1.2L 2002 Renault Clio

Comment

Originally posted by bucksgill View Post
      It's all very well getting rid of the gender discrimination, but this isn't really helping anyone is it? All that will happen is female insurance will go up, males won't go down. So as a guy I will be paying the same, any couple who share finances now have to pay more combined. This would be positive for men if it meant ours went down and their's went up to somewhere in the middle. But I'm sure insurance companies are licking their lips right now at the prospect of more money. Who knows what might happen a couple of years down the line, things could start to drop if the ladies don't want to fork out the extra any more. But they might just cover this by putting everything up, as people in general will always pay their insurance.
      theres alot more male drivers on the road but the insurance companys have noticed thats not why they should charge us ladies less hence they are puttin ours up but i wont be affected cause im over 25 woo hoo

Comment

Originally posted by bucksgill View Post
        as people in general will always pay their insurance.
        That is debatable Bucks, reason being....that someone did not agree with that in the first place and hence this new regulation/law (whatever you wanna call it).

From what I can tell the public opinion is split 50:50, and I am one of the ones that agrees with the decision, in this day and age when everyone is fighting to be equal this was a right choice.

I guess now we will not be able to moan about paying more than women and hence there will be one less sexist topic to discuss :-P

Comment

Working...
        X