3rd Time unluncky for our DS3 :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Time unluncky for our DS3 :(

Well after just having our DS3 back for 2 weeks after the last idiot ran into it and it got a new bumper and 3 months since the last idiot reversed into it, it's been driven into AGAIN!!!

The damage is much more severe now than the last 2 times and yet again I was driving when it happened.

I was on my way into Inverness for some retail therapy...It has been raining quite hard here since yesterday and it was raining at the time...I was behind a lorry with ample distance between us (I learned my lesson years ago about tailgating cars in the rain!) the lorry hit a dip in the road that was full of water so he braked as he went through the water, I quickly glanced in my rear view mirror then braked before hitting the water...Unfortunately the car behind me didn't see the dip full of water until she hit it, at which point she braked, aqua planed and then hit me right in the rear!!

The parking sensors are dead, the drivers side of the rear bumper has been hit so hard that the paint is completely off it, the other side of the rear bumper has paint transfer and cracks on it, the valance it completely broken and exhaust has been bent..Oh and when I drove it back to Biggies work I could feel it pulling to the left a little.

So all in all our poor little DS3 is pretty mashed up

I'm OK so at least that's one thing...Well apart from dented pride, a sore back and a splitting headache

Just gutted that it's happened yet again...Beginning to think our DS really is cursed....It sounds silly but I'm actually pretty scared to drive it now...Really considering selling it and getting another one

Biggie has some pics so will post them on later

Ohhhhhhh noooooooooooooo!! Glad you are safe and ok though.

Well, they say that things happen in 3's? So if you believe in that you are in the clear?

My C3 was the same, a week into my new insurance someone walked over it, needed repairs to bonnet and roof.
    Then someone pulled out if a junction at a give way - he tried to cross the road quick, I put a stop to that by going into him. Completely his fault.
    THEN someone went into tha back of me in traffic - he took a year to finally admit he was at fault.

Your little DS3 will be fine, and so will you :-D
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks. Sounds like your luck is a little bit like mine then!!
      Gonna wait until the car is repaired and try a drive in it before I decide what to do...Think we'll still be taking it to the Kent Meet, cos there's noway I would get a new one in time for it and there's no way I'm missing the Kent Meet! Lol

I said to Biggie tonight....If we were at the French meet then this wouldn't have happened...He said it could have been a frenchie that hit me instead! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boo_DS3 View Post
        I said to Biggie tonight....If we were at the French meet then this wouldn't have happened...
        You Shud Have Come ! =P

Super Sunny Over Here So Not A Drip Of Rain !

Comment

Couple of pics for you guys to have a look at;

Boo's Bump
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Argghhhh Fuck !

Its Deffo Cursed !

Take It Back :L

Comment

Not too sure if It's gonna make a difference taking it back...If I did sell it then I would have to buy another DS3 because I love them so much and who's to say I don't get a lot of bad luck with the new one! Lol

Suppose it's just one of those things

Comment

See the priest and get it exorcised ?

Comment

Damn Boo, sorry to hear about this. I guess the most important thing is your OK and biggie will be ur slave for a few days ^^

Regarding the spirit the car may have, mine is a magnet too and somehow attracts incompetent drivers...I just go with it, if someone hits me and it is there fault they will pay.

Cheer Up :-D

Comment

Rotten luck Boo, but at least you're OK.

Don't let any of that superstitious nonsense get to you.

My wife had a near-fatal in a nearly-new Seat Leon some years ago. She loved the car, and probably owed her life to it, as it stood up to a horrendous rear impact from an artic.

As soon as she left hospital she ordered another one just like it, and did 120k miles in it before she traded it in last year.

Comment

Girl you sure you haven't got "I'm ENGLISH hit me!" stickers!! I had a brand new fiesta last year and within a week had the passenger window smashed by a stone flung from someones lawnmower then two weeks later the windscreen cracked from a stone. Thought it was because it was green. Then later in the year had two alloys written off in a pot hole. Now that car was definitely cursed. Got a green clio and no probs.

Glad youre ok though. That inverness road is fast and i nearly had a wings and harp moment there when i was at Lossie.

Good excuse for a DSport though :0)

Comment

Working...
                      X