Cutting Out The Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
    might try after Xmas then n again I might not.
    Great point, these things only ever work if you want them too, i suppose its like giving up smoking (i never started so cant speak from experience), your goals need to be achievable and sustainable, thats why so many people (mainly young males) suffer from body dysmorphia, they want to be big and lean but they are never big or lean enough. That leads to taking PEDs and a deterioration in their health, the very reason some may have started in the first place.

I have always trained for the job, adapted my diet to best fuel that training regime and the way my body looks is just a by-product and bonus (the cycling has added an inch to the tops of my thighs for instance).
    Last edited by Drummond Base; 16-11-2016, 01:04.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
      Right, now i get you, its all relative to your goals.
      Il see this through to Xmas but it isnt sustainable, i have already noticed a drop off in strength and cardio capability. Ive been training in various forms for 35 years and its generally been relative to the task, My role in 2008 required dynamic strength, the opposite to 12 months later, my body composition and training reflected that.
      I dont bother with things like macros, for a couple of reason, one is it isnt sustainable so to me pointless, the other is far too many people think its all about what you eat but without training you are just a less fat and slightly healthier time bomb.
      If you want to do low carb and strength training etc, have a look through www.reddit.com/r/ketogains

There are loads of tips for people like you maintaining a low carb diet.

But yeah I find it hard to sustain just based on motivation and willpower tbh! It's difficult to enjoy a very low carb diet.
      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

*Sips hot chocolate* It's all very interesting this weight loss stuff.

Serious note joining the gym this year again need to bulk up a bit since i stopped a few years ago. I don't bother with all the no carb nonsense i just stick to eating high protein stuff like chicken, eggs, fish, and then make sure i'm getting enough greenery with it.
        i still enjoy my carbs with it though.
        Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
        E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
          *Sips hot chocolate* It's all very interesting this weight loss stuff.
          I don't bother with all the no carb nonsense i just stick to eating high protein stuff like chicken, eggs, fish, and then make sure i'm getting enough greenery with it.
          i still enjoy my carbs with it though.
          I dont normally but as mentioned, while i have had to change my training to get around my rotator cuff repairing itself i thought id give it a go leading up unto Xmas. Come the 19th il be back on the Pinot Grigio with a vengeance.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
            If you want to do low carb and strength training etc, have a look through www.reddit.com/r/ketogains

There are loads of tips for people like you maintaining a low carb diet.

But yeah I find it hard to sustain just based on motivation and willpower tbh! It's difficult to enjoy a very low carb diet.
            This is me just before i cut the carbs, and as i'm a few months shy of 50, not too shabby. Was 174lb just before that leg session, i suspect il be 168 come mid Dec.

I tend not to follow other peoples guides, ive been training for over 30 years and my regime has always been specific to me, my body and my job. Online guides are fine for the basics but we are all different and what works and is sustainable to one person, may not be for another.
            Last edited by Drummond Base; 16-11-2016, 20:04.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm on a diet from tomorrow morning now. XD

I do it every now and then when my weight creeps up.

I just cut sweets / bread / most dairy products out.

Weetabix or Greek yoghurt with blueberries and honey for breakfast.

I tend to treat myself to some nice meat from the butcher (not even lean) and some veg. Overall a smaller portion. No gravy or sauces.

Snacking on a bit of fruit, not too much because of sugar, carrot, small amount of nuts and I tend to have a small can of oily fish too.

It does work well for me!

Anyone have some other things I can add to it? I struggle having a desk job and doing shift work. Idea for things I can take for means and snacks too? I work a 24/7 shift pattern.

Comment

Oh ... and lots of water!

Comment

Tom, the two things are hidden Carbs and portion control, when i say hidden carbs im talking simple carbs like sugar, basically anything that ends in an 'ose'.
                  Today for instance ive got
                  A pot of sliced carrot and celery.
                  Natural unflavoured Yogurt (Snack)
                  Unflavoured cottage cheese (Snack)
                  a small portion of almonds and pecans (Snack)
                  Some cheese mixed with chicken and spicy sausage (Snack)
                  A three litre bottle of water
                  A four egg omelette placed on a bed with 4 large radishes, four large tomatoes, half a red pepper and some leafy veg (main meal split into two portions)
                  Natural oats (Breakfast)
                  Unflavoured protein

So my current (long) day would be
                  0445 – Protein
                  0600 - 5 mile sprint cycle
                  0700 – Porridge
                  0900 - Snack
                  1130 – Lunch 1
                  1530 – Lunch 2
                  1730 – Snack
                  1845 - 5 mile sprint cycle
                  1930 - Protein
                  2030 - Gym
                  2130 - Post gym supps
                  2230 - Protein and bed.
                  *Il alternate the eggs with boiled or omelette, mince beef or lean burgers and sausages.
                  As my carb intake is relatively so low i need to grab calories from another source so my fat intake is increased.

Amongst that il eat some (not all) of the snacks plus numerous cups of weak tea and coffee.

As ive had so sack a member of my team im covering his work so between now and Xmas this is my daily routine as i dont have any days off.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161113_000545125.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	360752
                  Last edited by Drummond Base; 16-11-2016, 23:39.
                  sigpic

Comment

Tom, the two things are hidden Carbs and portion control, when i say hidden carbs im talking simple carbs like sugar, basically anything that ends in an 'ose'.
                    Today for instance ive got
                    A pot of sliced carrot and celery.
                    Natural unflavoured Yogurt (Snack)
                    Unflavoured cottage cheese (Snack)
                    a small portion of almonds and pecans (Snack)
                    Some cheese mixed with chicken and spicy sausage (Snack)
                    A three litre bottle of water
                    A four egg omelette placed on a bed with 4 large radishes, four large tomatoes, half a red pepper and some leafy veg (main meal split into two portions)
                    Natural oats (Breakfast)
                    Unflavoured protein

Yummmmmeeeeeeee.
                    Certainly the high life, that, Drummond

Cant wait till New Year, myself
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

all you need to do is only drink water. Stop drinking sugar drinks and juices etc. That alone you will be amazed!

Then whatever you eat make sure you burn off. Balance the books with exercise! I could never eat some of the stuff you guys are writing up! Too boring! Just eat whatever you want but portion control & exercise!
                      - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Some people will spend hours looking after their cars, put only the best fuel and oil in and take to the garage at the slightest sign of an issue, yet take their bodies for granted.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broda View Post
                          Just eat whatever you want but portion control & exercise!
                          Not if you want to get the best out of your exercise, and its only boring if it isn't normally part of your chosen lifestyle.
                          the rest of the year im fine with eating a pizza at the weekend or a few drinks but i dont do sweets and only a little chocolate at weekends.

It makes me chuckle that people seem fine with smoking, taking recreational drugs, PEDs, drinking excessively or placing an unnecessary strain on the NHS due to their lifestyle choice BUT, im a fitness FREAK for looking after myself ha ha ha ha
                          sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161122_074406782_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	360760
                            Pure fruit and Veg, always make friends with the chef
                            sigpic

Comment

It makes me chuckle that people seem fine with smoking, taking recreational drugs, PEDs, drinking excessively or placing an unnecessary strain on the NHS due to their lifestyle choice BUT, im a fitness FREAK for looking after myself ha ha ha ha
                              Addiction shows itself in strange ways
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                                Addiction shows itself in strange ways
                                It does, and its good to prove to ourselves we are not addicted. Maybe im addicted to proving to myself i'm not addicted to anything ha ha.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X