Am I missing something re this 'Worst car ever owned'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing something re this 'Worst car ever owned'

A couple who say their £44,000 Range Rover has been plagued with problems have put a poster on it warning others never to buy one.

Retirees Trevor and Ann Heley claim the 4x4 has a faulty ECO system, the tailgate rattles and the brake discs and pads need replacing.

Jaguar Land Rover, which owns Range Rover, say they are "working hard to resolve" the issues the couple have spoken about.

‘It hasn’t come easy to attach the signs. We feel embarrassed about admitting we own a vehicle that we are so dissatisfied with,” Trevor, from Fixby, said.
    Trevor, a retired engineer, and Ann, a retired nurse, their car brand new from Huddersfield-based Rocar Moores Land Rover, which was taken over by Rybrook Group four months later.

They also claim that the rear camera is useless in rain or damp conditions, the surround camera system is useless in the dark and the operation of the electric handbrake is impractical.

‘There have been numerous previous problems with the vehicle and with the dealership not complying with Jaguar Land Rover protocols or following their own working instructions,’ he said.
    ‘Unfortunately, we cannot come to an amicable agreement with Jaguar Land Rover or their dealer. We have lost all faith with the Evoque and Jaguar Land Rover.

Jaguar Land Rovers’ attitude is that they want us to just grin and bear owning a vehicle that, we feel, is not of satisfactory quality, is not fit for purpose nor is as described.”

The couple say they will list the car for sale on eBay for a ‘reasonable’ price.

A Jaguar Land Rover spokeswoman said: ‘At this stage the case with Mr and Mrs Heley is currently active. Our executive team have been working for some time to draw this to a satisfactory close.
    ‘Until the case is closed we cannot comment any further, however we are working hard to resolve this.’
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Couple of stuck up plebs.

It's hard to see when a camera is wet.
    Cameras can't see much when it is dark.
    Electric handbrakes are just shite, full stop.
    Discs and pads wear out (bet they only ever had drums before and neglected them).
    Cars which aren't 3D printed out of a single lump of metal will have rattle a bit.

And finally, you BUY A RANGE ROVER AND COMPLAIN ABOUT ECO-FRIENDLINESS???
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Have you ever had THP problems and tried to get help from Citroen? No? Be quiet then
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

So the car is plagued with problems that don't actually exist?
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I imagine it is a bit of both. The car owners being ridiculous and the dealer being unhelpful. As alway the truth is somewhere in-between.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            I imagine it is a bit of both. The car owners being ridiculous and the dealer being unhelpful. As alway the truth is somewhere in-between.
            To be fair it's impossible to deal with people like this when they fixate on a problem that isn't there. The dealer only gets paid to if there is a genuine warranty issue with the vehicle otherwise the dealer has to stump up the cost everytime and after a while I would image the dealer would start getting exasperated.

It's the old Expectation vs Reality argument
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
            X