New speeding guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
    Courses are only as good as the people listening.
    I'll remember that next time I am giving a presentation! I'll blame the audience if it goes wrong.

Courses are only as good as the people who give them!!!
    My wife went on the same course a few weeks later (what does that tell you about us ) and hers was a different instructor and a good course.
    I went willing to learn and came away having learnt nothing new.

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by Den View Post
      As the course is more expensive than taking the ticket its an easy way to make money.
      That's a non sequitur. Running those courses will cost more than merely issuing a ticket.

My wife did one last year after getting a ticket on the M4 (she hadn't realised she was on a stretch with a temporary 50 mph speed restriction).

She paid £66, so only a few quid more than accepting a fine - which she could have done - and no points on her licence or insurance premium hike to worry about.

She said that she found it very useful, and several months on I notice that she's still a lot more observant of speed limits than she used to be.

I'd be interested to know whether any research has been done into the incidence of repeat offending by those who've done the course as compared to those who've paid a fine.

Comment

Any Way Of Finding Out If South Wales / Gwent Police Are Doing This Course ? lol

Cant Find Anything On Their Websites ?

Comment

Maybe if insurance companies made it worthwhile in terms of reduced insurance permiums for those who have taken their IAM / advanced tests then the standard of driving might be a bit better. It used to be the case for motorcycles. Zack, I thought that initially they had got the speed limit for the piece of road you were on at the time wrong? Wans't it a 40 and not a 30 limit?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
            I'll remember that next time I am giving a presentation! I'll blame the audience if it goes wrong.

Jimbob
            I always blame the audience :0) I know one of the instructors in this area and she is brilliant, you obviously got a bad un

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
              Any Way Of Finding Out If South Wales / Gwent Police Are Doing This Course ?
              My missus was caught in a speed trap near Port Talbot, so it was indeed your old friends the Heddlu De Cymru that she dealt with.

Comment

Mobile speed cameras should be banned or at least have a warning before you get to them!
                sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                Third time around.
                Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by CooperKiller View Post
                  Zack, I thought that initially they had got the speed limit for the piece of road you were on at the time wrong? Wans't it a 40 and not a 30 limit?
                  Correct Coops... But They Still Want To Take Me To Court... =(

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                    Mobile speed cameras should be banned or at least have a warning before you get to them!
                    I thought that areas where mobile speed cameras are used were marked, they certainly are around this area, the notices aren't at the sites that the cameras use but at several positions around the area in general.

Comment

Well the ones around bolton(not many around tho)

They sit in Vans with a tiny camera sign on them whcih you cant see untill your to late.

Then there some that hide in small vans n park near building sites and stuff so you cant tell again untill your caught!
                      sigpic.

Third time around.
                      Work in Progress

Comment

are there? ive never seen those
                        C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Den View Post
                          are there? ive never seen those
                          Well the one i got caught by was in a Van same size as a Ford Connect, both doors open and they stand there behind them. And it was parked behind other vans as theres a house being demolised.. so i drove by and got caught from behind!

another one i saw.. the car was parked in the side street and theres a glass bus stop just before it and he was stood next to the glass with his camera.

But as i say.. theres not THAT many in Bolton. think its one of the better places for speed cameras.
                          sigpic.

Third time around.
                          Work in Progress

Comment

in GMP we have 2 different types of camera vans.
                            We have 2 silver VW transporters and 1 renault traffic.
                            You can only get caught driving towards it as the speed trap works using a lazer which is bounced back off the vehicle which gives the speed.
                            C2 GT #2003

Comment

well when i was caught, i requested a photo and it was the rear of my car?
                              sigpic.

Third time around.
                              Work in Progress

Comment

oh well unlucky for you as we only snap cars coming towards us now. Good to know the system works though
                                C2 GT #2003

Comment

Working...
                                X