Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scuba diving especially shark and wreck diving. Live music and movies.
    DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

My main hobby is motorsport marshalling. The hours are long, the pay is non-existent, we're out in all weathers, but the sense of involvement makes it all more than worthwhile.

Comment

i race RC Buggys.
        mainly 8th scale Nitro but we do a few 10th scale electric meetings a year.
        i'm getting into RC Drifting, something i've been wanting to try for ages...
        also i do a bit of Photography when i get a chance or feel inspired. took a few at an RC race just last weekend https://www.flickr.com/photos/sh0wtime

Comment

I like making money and then blowing it all on the car xD

Also like to fit in some rugby coaching / watching when I have 5, messing around playing with things on mine / others cars lol and the gym

Comment

Watching footie (both on Sky and at Anfield), riding my MTB, gym & playing the PS3/4 !!
            sigpic

Comment

Professional netflixing doesn't count? God, I need a hobby.

I follow Formula 1, and baseball (US Leagues and Dominican Winter League)... Photography with some success :P I got tired of "tropical" a loooong time ago.

I am a regular at the beach... I've tried surfing a couple of times but I'm just too uncoordinated to actually keep it up as a hobby, I spend 90% of the time just trying to plant both feet on the board before I fall down and get swept up by the waves :P On the odd day I can actually get up and ride for 2 seconds, during which time I feel like Cody from Surf's Up.

Comment

Gym/Photography/Ice Hockey (Cmon the Giants!) / meteorology - run a weather and lightning station / Driving and caring for my DS3 and my other half's DS3!
                Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by phil d View Post
                  Meteorology - that's interesting, you got a weather station??
                  I do
                  Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

For me it's photography, has mostly been cycling photography, MTB and CycloCross races mostly. Used to ride/race MTB also
                    Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Mainly photography as that's what I did at uni. Used to be landscape, architecture and cars but I've been getting into wildlife recently which is bloody hard.
                      I volunteer at a couple of National Trust properties every now and again. I'm hopefully going to be helping out on a photography day at a property next week.
                      Going to set myself up this Summer for a bit of basic archery; something I've been meaning to do for about a year but never got round to it.

Originally posted by Wes79 View Post
                      model railways
                      When I'm rich and famous, I'm having an enormous train set.
                      May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                      October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                      Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I write westerns under a pseudonym.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	359857Click image for larger version

Name:	GOBC.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	359858Click image for larger version

Name:	LP Echoes Cover.jpg
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	359860
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Jo67; 18-10-2015, 17:46.
                        "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

As I spend most of the year away from home, my hobby is also my way of keeping sane. I design and build custom PCs, invariably they are custom cooled (using water) and heavily tweaked to increase performance.

This is a before and after of my main gaming rig, yes I did buy the case (I do do scratch builds from aluminium, wood, plastic as well), the case is heavily modded and the hardware is both overvolted and overclocked, nothing like having an i7 CPU running at 5ghz when video encoding.

While I'm away and not planning/researching another PC build, I write a lot of commercial reviews on both PC components and fitness products and supplements.

Due to the nature of my job I train hard whilst away but ease up slightly when I'm home, when I say ease up I still have to train with the wife who is a bootcamp beast.
                          I have been into free running since before it was called free running, I think we just knew it back then as 'Running away from the Police'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo67 View Post
                            I write westerns under a pseudonym.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11880[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11881[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11883[/ATTACH]
                            Sorry everyone. Coolest hobby on the forum.

I do a bit of photography / videography and own an allotment (so amazing)
                            @mike_lowsocial

Comment

I race dragon boats against teams from all over the country. I would like to try out for the G.B squad but the sport is self funded and i dont have the spare cash to fly around the world.

Name:	db racing.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	359950
                              At the BDA national finals in 2013 (I am the guy in the black gloves - to save confusion)

Name:	db2.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	359951
                              Racing at Worcester ( Sat above the CSY lettering)

Name:	db3.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	359949
                              Even got my Daughter in to it - well drumming any way

Comment

Reviving this old thread because lately I am bored out of my mind and need some ideas of things to do in my free time before I implode.

Good ideas for things to keep you busy outside of work?
                                ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                                Join the Facebook Group!
                                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                                X