No announcement yet.

Snow 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have to say it wasnt as bad as it was hyped up to be - at least down here anyway - ive seen it a lot worse ,, ive not long got in and most the main roads are fully clear and even the majority of the side roads are fairly ok - more forecast and heavy for sunday for the se corner
    Nick - ds3 dsport plus e-HDI 110

my other truck is a discovery 2 es - prepped to go anywhere

Comment

Come on it could be worse, Canadian winters in Newfoundland, Ontario and Alberta where they can expect snow for 4 months or more EVERY year.
      Last edited by AJ07; 20-01-2013, 09:58.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ivorex View Post
        I wonder who will be posting the first pictures of a dented DS courtesy of a bit of snow and some poor driving
        Cheerful sod!

Comment

Originally posted by the guardian View Post
          just been outside and put a ruler down into the snow and we have about 5.3/4 inches
          Never known somebody get so excited over snow. Do you measure it from the bottom or the side?

My mum used to tell me off when she found me checking with her ruler.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            Never known somebody get so excited over snow. Do you measure it from the bottom or the side?

My mum used to tell me off when she found me checking with her ruler.
            Sorry but am I on the wrong forum?:redface:
            sigpic

Comment

Slid in to a kerb quite hard today in the snow, car makes a slight humming noise and the ESP light flashes at me every now and then when the wheels aren't skidding or spinning, any ideas? Only been driving since Monday and managed to put a big dent in my alloys

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post

Come on it could be worse, Canadian winters in Newfoundland, Ontario and Alberta where they can expect snow for 4 months or more EVERY year.
                That pictures from Japan, not Canada

http://www.buzzhunt.co.uk/2010/12/29...oads-in-japan/

Comment

Close enough Lee!

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Ross25895 View Post
                    Slid in to a kerb quite hard today in the snow, car makes a slight humming noise and the ESP light flashes at me every now and then when the wheels aren't skidding or spinning, any ideas? Only been driving since Monday and managed to put a big dent in my alloys
                    Oh no thats bad news Ross ,,, sure it can be sorted out though ,,, welcome to the forum
                    Nick - ds3 dsport plus e-HDI 110

my other truck is a discovery 2 es - prepped to go anywhere

Comment

Thanks, had it checked out today an I've bent the lower steering arm I think, any ideas on how much this is going to cost?

Comment

Snow plough ditched - lol

Attached Files
                        Citroen DS3 Racing [2011] - Black & Orange & Carbon Fibre
                        Citroen 2CV6 Special [1987] Snail (°\=/°)
                        Citroen C4 Grand Picasso [2008] - 1.6 HDI EGS Exclusive family bus

Comment

Thanks, had it checked out today an I've bent the lower steering arm I think, any ideas on how much this is going to cost?
                          Maybe ask the guy who diagnosed the fault.. He might know.
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

He didn't know, just told me that only citroen can do it? Don't know why but that's what he said

Comment

He didn't know, just told me that only citroen can do it? Don't know why but that's what he said
                              Unless you took it to somewhere like halfords I find that difficult to believe he couldn't find you a price.

Best bet is to nip into your local dealers to give it a full check to make sure nothing else has gone, a quote to fix it and then you can ring round a few places for a cheaper price.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Sounds stupid.. I don't know too much about cars but I know enough to know not to get work done on cars at places like halfords however there is a national tyres about 100m up the road from my house, took it down there thinking the wheels might just need aligning. He showed me the steering arm I think which was bent. Then asked how much I was looking at not intending to get it done there, he went off on the phone and came back saying the part was not something approved? (Can't remember the exact words) and told me that only citroen can do it? I realise that half of the stuff what they tell you is probably made up. Anyway it's booked into the dealership for tomorow, was just seeing if anyone here had an idea on price. I don't have a clue what things like that cost to sort out.

Comment

Working...
                                X