Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speeding Ticket =( Anyone Got Any Tips ?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, yes if you are within the first 2 years you get your license revoked.
    C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by bolehaps View Post
      zack how long you been driving for, i remember before u said your 18 so you'll still only have 6 points to spend, and you already have 3? bad times
      Did I ?

Ah Probably - I Always Type My Age Wrong On Computers For Some Reason - Only Remember My DOB lol, Nah Im 19 Now And I'll Be 20 On Monday, Been Driving For 2 Years And... *Counts Months*... 8 Months So Im Clear Of That Bit =)

Comment

Wish i was 20 again ;-o

I'm 41 - Old enough to know better.... but still young enough to do it whilst I still can!!! ;-) and I don't mean speeding before someone writes that! ;o)
        Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
          Nah Im 19 Now And I'll Be 20 On Monday
          You're a bit young to be counting the years backwards, Zack!!

Comment

Hi Zack,

Sorry to hear what's happened. In addition the the speed limits being wrong on the charge, are there any clear warning signs on the road that speed (cash cow) cameras are in operation? In addition, are the speed limit signs clearly visible and not obscured by trees, hedges etc?

Comment

Take your car & leave the country !
              DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Sorry to hear this Zack. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

If you got caught by a camera, and can prove exactly where that camera was and what the speed limit was where the car actually was, you'll have a better chance.

If you were indeed in a 40mph limit and got caught at 51mph, then it should have been a fixed penalty notice (if my sums are right).

If it goes to court of 51mph in a 30, but you can prove it was a 40, it will then be up to the magistrate to decide what to do.

If it is any consolation, I've just turned 40 and I still get nicked for speeding now and then, my most recent earlier in the year of 98mph on the motorway. 6 points and £385 was the outcome to go with my 3 points I already had. So I'll be on 9 points for the next 11 months (before my 3 points drop off). So I'm Miss Daisy with the speed limiter on when on the motorway. It's not much fun.

But they still haven't made it illegal to accelerate hard and put a smile on your face, so I'll keep the car for now

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by rowl-69 View Post
                  Take your car & leave the country !
                  Uh... No...

-_-

Comment

I still think that IF the police charge someone with doing 51 in a 30 zone and the area was infact a 40 zone then there is no charge to answer, because the facts of the case are flawed and a court would have to throw it out.
                    I'm sure that Den would be able to confirm (or deny) this...
                    It may be a technicality but as I understand things IF Zack has his facts right and the area is a 40 limit and the police charge is exceed a 30 limit then go to court, plead no guilty to exceeding 30 limit, prove the limit is 40 and then I think you'll get away with it.
                    I don't think that they can then change the charge to exceeding the 40 limit (double jepardy or something like that).

Comment

Yeah Thanks John That's What I'm Hoping For lol

Comment

Working...
                      X