No announcement yet.

Phones.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a I phone 4s running 6.1.3 bluetooth for hands free never had any problems and have the myway so have to use the aux port for music. No mount just sits under the handbrake
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

My step-son uses his iPhone in his 'Sport and he sticks it under the handbrake too using USB though as no MyWay. Amazes me does not use the phone for navigation when he goes to his mates caravan in Wales, but as he says to me that apps cost.
      Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
      CEO smartphonegurus.com
      Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
      Cars:
      Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

If I connect the iPod Touch I put it in the cubby hole in the arm rest, the iPhone goes in the cubby hole ahead of the gear stick
        sigpic

Comment

Right so no navigation on the iPhone then?
          Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
          Cars:
          Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

I've used the navigation on my iphone (without any of the apps - just through the standard maps). Have to say, it works very well - shouts out the directions with street names and all that malarkey. The down side of that was when I got lost in Dublin and had to use it, I was charged for roaming to use the 3G for the maps to load.
            Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

There is a free nav app on the iphone called navfree i think but its not too good i stream my music through the bluetooth then use the usb to charge the phone

Comment

Ouch a brave man indeed navigating with the native iPhone mapping application - very dodgy mapping these days (since Google was dropped) and as you say costly.

Never come across NavFree and unable to look since I got rid of my iPhone a couple of years ago.
                Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                Cars:

Comment

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/navf...391334793?mt=8

Hope this works

Comment

Originally posted by BOBO-DS3 View Post
                    I'll maybe give this a blast later, plenty of decent reviews for it.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewood View Post
                      Ouch a brave man indeed navigating with the native iPhone mapping application - very dodgy mapping these days (since Google was dropped) and as you say costly.
                      You're right, though i have learnt my lesson - never again when I'm roaming!

Comment

I downloaded Google maps from the App Store when it came back and filed the native Apple app as it was shit
                        sigpic

Comment

Ah it did come back then, good news indeed.
                          Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                          Cars:

Comment

iPhone 5 ( Obviously - it's me! )

Mounted on small dash mounted brodit clip,

Wired to factory USB and always use for music while driving. Sometimes have Google Maps / iOS Maps running with music running in the background also always have my Bluetooth on to accept calls when they come in. Before someone asks why do I have it wired aswell as Bluetooth it's because I find the sound quality better when it's wired in.

Comment

Zack, I assume your Brodit mount is non-active then?
                              Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                              Cars:

Comment

Daron, what are your thoughts on the Nokia 1020?
                                My DS3R3... nearly....
                                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X