No announcement yet.

Phones.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best thing is to get to a shop and take a look at each. The 1020 has not launched yet though, due in 1-2 weeks so hold off til then and check both out. I've got the One and the 920 & 925 here, and 90% of the time I end up taking a Lumia out with me. Android just does not have a decent harmonised interface but the widgerts can be useful.

I've just finished reviewing the 925 which hardware wise is close to the 1020 apart from the camera. Some example camera shots there too. Might help you decide.
    Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
    CEO smartphonegurus.com
    Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
    Cars:
    Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Havent been impressed with the iphone5 the last 12 month
      O2 shop recommend the HTC. Nice big screen and slim
      Upgrade time for me too. Just want one that connects quick, and solid, decent battery life (Wifes Galaxy failed at that)
      Iphone about to produce another are they not
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

A new iPhone is indeed due the hardware will likely be first class but the OS is now looking dated, even though they are revamping the look of it the icon approach still leads which is looking very dated now.

IMHO at the moment it has to be Windows Phone, which means Lumia or HTC with the One. Both have good battery life, decent hardware. Apps you'd have to check out what you want in the app marketplaces. A ferw apps still missigm on Windows Phone and a lot of dodgy apps on Android.
        Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
        Cars:
        Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

I don't renew mine until May next year, am hoping at least the iPhone 5s is out by then, would prefer the iPhone 6 so I can consider that, the latest Galaxy or maybe an HTC.

I also really like the App Store and my mates with Android or Windows phones are less impressed with their App Stores
          sigpic

Comment

41mp is one thing, but the camera lens is crap in comparison to the amount of resolution. also with 41mp set your image size will be bloody big. make sure you have a very large sd card at hand. personally its just not worth it. i'm personally staying with Android as I prefer the open source code projects that are available rather than being tied down to Apple's own iOS.

I'm only using a Samsung Galaxy S2 at present with CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3) Battery life is nearly 2 days now
            Last edited by Toxic; 03-09-2013, 07:16.
            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Yeah, this is my first Android phone (sensation xl at the mo) Do love what I can do with it. Talking to my sister and Dad last night, both with S3/4 they'd never get one again. Hayley's is very plastic and has chipped and lost condition even with a case.

I do love the widgets I can have on my HTC. I have different screen themes, forums, photography, utilities. Never game on my phone.

The One does have some cool looking camera actions and built in editing functions.

Because I am on it allll the time, always connected online, my battery life is shocking.

On via Tapa - moving house. Back online soon!
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Wow just read this:

http://www.androidcentral.com/what-microsoft-buying-nokia-means-android

M
                S buying Nokia...
                Simon

Comment

Old news - you should vist SPG more often LOL

It will certainly be causing a few worries for Google, Apple, and no doubt Windows Phone OEMs. Looks like Elop is now in the running for MSFT CEO too!
                  Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                  Cars:

Comment

cant see Google or Apple being worried. MS would have to sell 250 million phones to break even i hope they dont bring out some lame advert like the surface, and charge a similar price. they'd be cutting their own throats
                    Simon

Comment

One thing I don't like about the HTC One is there is no SD card only built in memory/storage. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 due out soon now, think today is it's launch day, anyone got opinions on this? It is large being nearly 6" screen.

Comment

Small correction to my above post. Note 3 unveiled today but won't be available in UK till 16th Sept.

Comment

Hi Daron

For my birthday, amongst other great presents, I received a Lumia 925. Beautiful, classy and wow what a camera.

It's the first "smartphone" I have owned and now wonder how I managed before without one. I also got an Experia Z tablet and this makes the Sony feel redundant now.

Tried it yesterday streaming music via bt to car on way to Cheshire Oaks and worked a treat.

Can you send me a link if possible please for a suitable Brodit mount Daron?

I read your great review of the 925 and was impressed to see me snowfoaming your hawk on there.

Finally, if its good enough for the Guru, its good enough for me.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 06-09-2013, 07:03.
                          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                          Take a pride in your ride
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Windows Phone community.

Glad you enjoyed the review, look forward to comments on site - always nice to welcome a new user!

Bad news on the Brodit mount for the moment, Brodit close down for part of the summer and the mount is not likely to be out for around another month! I'm waiting on one myself!

On the Nokia Music have you gone for the subscription or the standard playback?

Tried any of the clever photographic stuff yet (secondary apps), or low light shooting?

Conversation might be more appropriate on SPG
                            Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                            Cars:

Comment

Thanks pal

Just become a member: ExperiaZ925

Cos I have a new Experia Z tab and a Lumia 925

Sent from my Experia Z tablet using Tapa 4
                              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                              Take a pride in your ride
                              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Good man, saw your first post and welcomed you
                                Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                                Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X