Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Zack, your my new ebay expert finder

Comment

You should be able to recover your excess from the other side, assuming you can pin fault on them. You can expect them to wriggle like a pig to avoid responsibility for the accident.

Unfortunately, some insurance companies will increase premiums, even after a no-fault claim, because apparently there is actuarial evidence that people who make no-fault claims are statistically more likely to make a fault claim at some point thereafter. So, having had the misfortune to be pranged by a moron in charge of a bus, in the eyes of your insurance company, you're now an(other) accident waiting to happen.

Basically they'll look for every excuse to screw you royally when it comes to renewal time. Even having a protected no claims bonus is no guarantee that you won't be punished financially for someone else's mistake.

Personally, I'm hard pressed to decide who I dislike more - insurance companies or bankers.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
        You should be able to recover your excess from the other side, assuming you can pin fault on them. You can expect them to wriggle like a pig to avoid responsibility for the accident.

Unfortunately, some insurance companies will increase premiums, even after a no-fault claim, because apparently there is actuarial evidence that people who make no-fault claims are statistically more likely to make a fault claim at some point thereafter. So, having had the misfortune to be pranged by a moron in charge of a bus, in the eyes of your insurance company, you're now an(other) accident waiting to happen.

Basically they'll look for every excuse to screw you royally when it comes to renewal time. Even having a protected no claims bonus is no guarantee that you won't be punished financially for someone else's mistake.

Personally, I'm hard pressed to decide who I dislike more - insurance companies or bankers.
        So what do you recommend i do Gar?

Comment

Originally posted by sim22 View Post
          Cheers Zack, your my new ebay expert finder
          eBay Is The Most Under-Rated Site On The Net ! I <3 It lol

Comment

ahhh i would be crying and going mental 60 plate car bad times hope all is well and gets sorted dude

Comment

When i had an accident i never claimed through my insurance i used another company to do the claim and they sorted me out got my money and i never lost my ncb

Comment

I'd say claim. you *should* get your excess and incidental costs back, and as it's not your fault, your no claims should be OK.

The premiums may go up, but there will always be another company willing to take your business.

Comment

Originally posted by sim22 View Post
                  So what do you recommend i do Gar?
                  Depends on how confident you are that you can pin liability on the other side. If you were changing lanes/pulling in at the time of the collision, you might run into problems.

Even if you clear that hurdle, you still face the risk that your insurance company will ramp up your premium - and the catch is that, if you try to check with them what the implications of making a claim will be, before actually making a claim, they may well record on your file that you've been involved in an accident, even if you subsequently decide not to make a claim on your policy, so either way you may be screwed . Bastards.

Who are you insured with? Some insurance companies have a reputation for being out-and-out bastards. Others are less bastard-like. My wife is with Direct Line, and they've never penalised her for making a no fault claim (but then she's a middle-aged woman - they may not be so lenient with younger, male drivers...)

If I were you, I'd work out how much it would cost to get the door repaired. If you can get it done for around the price of your insurance excess, there's a case for doing that, and avoiding involving the insurance companies altogether. Having said that, I know that it would stick in my throat to be paying out of my own pocket for an accident that wasn't my fault.

Comment

Take the official route dude. As much as it sucks It's a lot less hassle in the long run as the bus company will likely be claiming you were at fault if there's any damage to their vehicle
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Get your citroen dealer to tell you who does the repairs for them.I had a dent put in rear wheel arch in a car park.They did repairs (dent) and paint job same day and was well under your £400 excess.I might just have been lucky with my repairer,but always usefull to know who they are for the knocks other do unknown to you.Hope every thing turns out well.

Comment

Very sad to see your car damaged sim....I'm not an expert mate but looking at the picture of the collision...It would appear you are at fault due to you overtaking on white chevrons.

In the eyes of insurance companies they would see it as your fault....Dont mean to be a bearer of bad news but iv'e had similair experiences with insurers not paying out.

Hope you can get it sorted mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
                          It would appear you are at fault due to you overtaking on white chevrons.
                          Jebus Good Eyes !

Photoshop The Fuck Outa That Pic Clarky lol !

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
                            Very sad to see your car damaged sim....I'm not an expert mate but looking at the picture of the collision...It would appear you are at fault due to you overtaking on white chevrons.

In the eyes of insurance companies they would see it as your fault....Dont mean to be a bearer of bad news but iv'e had similair experiences with insurers not paying out.

Hope you can get it sorted mate.
                            The rules on solid white lines and chevrons are clear though. If you're overtaking a stationary vehicle it's fine providing it's safe to do so.

From what Sim has said, the bus was stopped and only started moving again once Sim was 3/4 of his way through overtaking.
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                              The rules on solid white lines and chevrons are clear though. If you're overtaking a stationary vehicle it's fine providing it's safe to do so.

From what Sim has said, the bus was stopped and only started moving again once Sim was 3/4 of his way through overtaking.

Having said that..

From the Highway code (http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/10.htm):

109: Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right.

If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.
                              If the area is marked with diagonal stripes and bordered by solid white lines, you should not enter it except in an emergency.
                              If the area is marked with chevrons and bordered by solid white lines you MUST NOT enter it except in an emergency.
                              Laws MT(E&W)R regs 5,9,10 & 16, MT(S)R regs 4,8,9 & 14, RTA sect 36 & TSRGD 10(1)

Think you might be in a little trouble now Sim =/ Sorry dude.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X