No announcement yet.

Any fitness fanatics out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be. Group class teaching aerial silks. It's in a gym but think it would need my own insurance?

Comment

Will you be employed by the gym or will you be doing it freelance? If they're employing you then I'd have thought you'd be covered by theirs, but if it's freelance then maybe you will need your own. Another thing to think about is if you are freelance you might need your own first aid qualification as well.

Comment

Freelance, they wont cover me under their insurance. I am first aid qualified just trying to find a good company to get insured with. Have emailed a few today, thanks

Comment

No problem, sorry I couldn't help much . I'm surprised you've found a gym where you can teach that as you must need a lot of space and the risk and severity of injury must be fairly high.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_T View Post
            Freelance, they wont cover me under their insurance. I am first aid qualified just trying to find a good company to get insured with. Have emailed a few today, thanks
            As a minimum I would have thought Public Liability Insurance, also you might want to think about upping you medical certification. First Aid is very very basic. Think of the possible injury scenarios in a gym and FPOSi might be better.

Comment

http://www.exerciseregister.org/

*EDIT*
              Having spoken to half a dozen friends who own and run successful fitness business's, these are the go to people for insurance.
              Last edited by Superfly Guy; 29-04-2014, 03:19.

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
                Just something to be wary of guys, adding a lot of fruit and juice is adding a lot of sugar. Even though it's natural sugar, which is better for you than processed, it's still an awful lot of simple carbs which won't last very long when it comes to keeping you feeling full.
                Its more veg than fruit, the fruit just breaks up the veg a little and changes colour a little, although I am now putting protein shake in as well and that makes it look pinky colour
                2001 - 2007 - SEAT Ibiza Cupra
                2007 - 2014 - SEAT Leon FR TDi
                2014 - :ds3: D Sport HDi

Comment

Originally posted by DS3Simon View Post
                  Its more veg than fruit, the fruit just breaks up the veg a little and changes colour a little, although I am now putting protein shake in as well and that makes it look pinky colour
                  Oh yeah I know mate. I was just mentioning it in case someone else loaded it with fruit to improve the taste .

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
                    Oh yeah I know mate. I was just mentioning it in case someone else loaded it with fruit to improve the taste .
                    Good call, the good thing with this is that you can balance the whole thing out, I load it with around 60% veg, 20% fruit and then 20% good carbs
                    2001 - 2007 - SEAT Ibiza Cupra
                    2007 - 2014 - SEAT Leon FR TDi
                    2014 - :ds3: D Sport HDi

Comment

I'm kind of a fitness fanatic lol, training for a power lifting competition

Comment

Working...
                      X