No announcement yet.

I'll Grab My Coat Then...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my new car has arrived at the dealership, I'm probably going to be picking it up on Thursday, I can't wait!

I've still got half a tank of fuel in my DS3, enough for one last road trip with my friends before I say goodbye to my trusty DS3!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Comment

She's here!

Comment

Congrats Richard,you look very happy with your purchase!
        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Looks great, enjoy

Comment

Thanks guys.
            Walking away from the DS3 was heartbreaking but I'm very very happy with my new car!

It's going to take a little getting used to though! The loud pedal for example was a lot more sensitive in my DS3 with the power being available with very little pressure on the pedal... Oh and shifting into neutral and not leaving my foot on the clutch to get the stop start to kick in!

Comment

Looks great, your salesman could do with a better suit though !
              sigpic

Comment

So after less than two weeks of owning the car I've already had someone scrape past it and ruin my paint! Turns out that nobody around here knows how to avoid parked cars, it happened in my DS3 too but that was a lot worse!!!

Anyway asking here because the other club is a bit rubbish, I've got a slight scratch and a small section where the paint has been completely removed from the plastic. I'm looking at something like chipex to get it fixed myself. Has anybody tried it or a similar product?

Comment

Sad times

I bought a Chipex kit for my red DS3, planning on touching up the stone chips on the front but I never got round to it.

Was good value and definitely cheaper than a respray, saw good results on another club members car (which prompted me to purchase). Apparently the trick is to use toothpicks and use as little paint as possible.

Edit: It wasn't Chipex, it was this kit, It was recommended to me by CliveP.
                  Last edited by BeefMasta; 10-05-2016, 19:57.
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I have used it roe 2 pack touch up paint on mine.
                    You can notice it but it'd better than the black plastic underneath.
                    Mines belle ill blue so it's tricky to do well as beefmasta says use as little paint as possible and build it up.yours might not be as noticeable due to your colour.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Comment

Citroen not roe bloody predictive text 😁😁

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys! I bought a ChipEx pack last night, I'm just waiting for it to arrive. It was a bit more expensive but the kit should last the next 4 years!

I'll post my results when it arrives!

Comment

Personally I would use the paint when it arrives to fill the hole then once it's had time to settle go over the hole area with white t-cut which should blend the blemishes around it in.
                          Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                          Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Working...
                          X