Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
    the 208 pulls like a train from idle
    I've always thought that's a strange expression to use when referring to a car. Trains pull away extremely slowly and take ages to get up to speed then they take more than a thousand yards to come to a stop.

Even some of the fastest modern trains can take up to 40 seconds to reach 60mph

A freight train about 1 to 1¼ miles in length (90 to 120 rail cars) when moving at 55 miles an hour can take a mile or more to stop after the locomotive engineer fully applies the emergency brake.
    An 8-car passenger train moving at 80 miles per hour needs about a mile to stop.

Goes like an English Electric Lightning on reheat...now you're talking.
    [

Comment

Goes like a DS3 with a remap!!
      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by visitor59 View Post
        I've always thought that's a strange expression to use when referring to a car. Trains pull away extremely slowly and take ages to get up to speed then they take more than a thousand yards to come to a stop.
        nice of you to explain the statistics of acceleration of a Train, but I was trying to explaining it PULLs like a Train (ie tons of torque) and did not mention anything about acceleration "like a train"

GTi Specs show 0-60 in 6.5 Seconds. One of the guys on 208ownerclub.co.uk has had his at approx 5.6 sec for 0-60 for a 208 GTi which aint slow for a little pug
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

GTi Specs show 0-60 in 6.5 Seconds. One of the guys on 208ownerclub.co.uk has had his at approx 5.6 sec for 0-60 for a 208 GTi which aint slow for a little pug
          Presumably 5.6s 0-60 is with mods?
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
            Presumably 5.6s 0-60 is with mods?
            Yes Stage 3 - http://www.208ownersclub.co.uk/forum...737_page1.html
            Simon

Comment

Impressive! Sounds like a lot of work went into it.
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by visitor59 View Post

Even some of the fastest modern trains can take up to 40 seconds to reach 60mph

A freight train about 1 to 1¼ miles in length (90 to 120 rail cars) when moving at 55 miles an hour can take a mile or more to stop after the locomotive engineer fully applies the emergency brake.
                An 8-car passenger train moving at 80 miles per hour needs about a mile to stop.

Goes like an English Electric Lightning on reheat...now you're talking.
                Pulls like a train means the acceleration is relentless like a trains once it's going

Comment

It reminds me of the old 205 GTIs, pretty awesome looking.

Nice to see Peugeot building decent cars again

Comment

Originally posted by EwanWhoseArmy View Post
                    It reminds me of the old 205 GTIs, pretty awesome looking.

Nice to see Peugeot building decent cars again
                    Yes, that was my thought too. And they also worked in the numbers.

205Bhp 208PS
                    Simon

Comment

Yes, that was my thought too. And they also worked in the numbers.

205Bhp 208PS
                      Also the GTI logo on the D pillar

Comment

Sorry not the Best of photos, but been out all night, just back in

Well the DS3 is now away, but have a new beast on the driveway

2016 Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige S&S (205Bhp-208PS) in "Orange Power" Metallic paint.

6 months on was just wondering how its going if had any problems,hows the interior for squeaks & rattles?
                        Is the paint standing up a bit better i.e a bit harder & doesnt chip scratch at the slightest little thing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Markymark View Post
                          6 months on was just wondering how its going if had any problems,hows the interior for squeaks & rattles?
                          Is the paint standing up a bit better i.e a bit harder & doesnt chip scratch at the slightest little thing

dont want to tempt fate, but touch wood, she's been solid. no issues that I can think of. i have a couple of small stone chips on the front, rest of the paintwork is fine. As long as you wash her with the 2 bucket method and a lambs wool mitt you should be good. I must say the Orange grows on you and looks well even when dirty. I cnat say the same for my partners GTi which is Black and shows up every spec of dirt imaginable.

As to Squeaks and rattles. the only rattle is a set of sunglasses in the glove box.

Even though the DS3 is a great looking car. the 208 is just more refined and built with a bit more care. the Euro6 205bhp engine is great and with all the added tweaks to fix the THP 156bhp engines issues, its a sound performer. Sorry to say I was glad to make the switch.

hope that helps...
                          Simon

Comment

Thats brilliant & i lovecthe colour it really is something to consider in the next 6-12 months

Comment

good to see you are still loving it

My R performance is really hot, but as a hatchback its just that little bit big for me. I hanker to come back to a smaller, but still fairly powerful hatchback myself.

DS3 Perfromance, Clio or even Pug
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                                good to see you are still loving it

My R performance is really hot, but as a hatchback its just that little bit big for me. I hanker to come back to a smaller, but still fairly powerful hatchback myself.

DS3 Perfromance, Clio or even Pug
                                Have you seen the RS1 Chris?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...n-cooper-works
                                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                                X