Race build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race build.

Rather than keep posting in the, what have you bought today thread, it makes sense to start a project thread, that said, I welcome any comments good or bad, however, I would be very grateful if we could do our very best to keep it on topic, relevant questions are encouraged, if you don't find the answer in my following introduction, feel free to ask, let the fun begin.

This project thread will be more informative than full of build photo's, there will be build photo's as and when relevant.

What project am I embarking on ? A full on Race orientated Ultima Evolution.

Chassis: Ultima factory built full tube frame from T45 with additional request changes to suit my component specifications.

Body: Ultima evolution with additional requested aero modifications.

Suspension: still to be discussed, this will be thought out and implemented by me for my intended Race purpose.

Brakes: Carbon Ceramic rotars all round, callipers to suit.

Wheels: Magnesium centre lock.

Engine: All Aluminium 32 valve Twin turbo V8

Power output: 1,000 hp + / Torque 900 lb-ft + dependant on rpm limit and electronic map control.

Gearbox: 6 speed electronic sequential.

Clutch: Carbon Carbon multi plate.

Cooling: engine, gearbox, charge pressure, bespoke to suit.

Vehicle weight: Will come in under 900kg

Hopefully this will give you a general idea as to my build, some of you may be asking, am I building to a specific set of FIA Race rules, quite simply, NO, totally unlimited/unrestricted, no defining catagory.

Performance Powered By Thought
    Engineered Horsepower

Spec sounds amazing. 1000bhp in something that light.... Jesus wept that's going to be awesome
    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Ultima...there just down the road from us.
      White on red THP
      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

We wish you all the best with the car and many fun times ahead! Oh.... and many horsepowers!
        Last edited by JEZDS3; 28-02-2016, 19:26.
        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
          Spec sounds amazing. 1000bhp in something that light.... Jesus wept that's going to be awesome
          Thank you, when I build a vehicle, I build it the very best I can, for the environment it will live and work in, the power and Torque might seem over kill, however, you need a great deal of power/Torque to push through the air at speeds in excess of 200mph, and then you need phenomenal stopping power too, and once you've wiped all relevant speed off for cornering, you then need all available power/Torque to quickly regain the lost speed.

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
          Ultima...there just down the road from us.
          you are very lucky, are you not tempted to treat yourself to one ?
          Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
            We wish you all the best with the car and many fun times ahead! Oh.... and many horsepowers!
            Thank you.
            Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Sounds like a fun build but what will the ball park cost be?
              DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
              Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                Sounds like a fun build but what will the ball park cost be?
                If I was to see or write down the ball park figure, even I might think, I could purchase another detached house, LOL

Here are a few costs to give you some idea:

Chassis: £4,900.00

Body without my Aero modifications: £4,800.00

Gearbox: £17,300.00

Clutch: £4,500.00

Engine: £129,000.00 approximately, no definitive final build cost as to date, as my final engine specification is still ongoing.

Electronic management: £20,000.00 approximately, refere to above ^^^

Etc etc etc, hope this gives you some idea of build cost, obviously there will be a huge build labour cost too !!

All costs are subject to VAT at the current applicable rate.
                Last edited by Czar; 28-02-2016, 20:22.
                Engineered Horsepower

Comment

And I thought £4k for the Arcam cinema amp was a lot when when I purchased that! When you need the best only the best will do!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                    And I thought £4k for the Arcam cinema amp was a lot when when I purchased that! When you need the best only the best will do!
                    And best of all, I am keeping the entire build British, I promote British Motorsport engineering at every opportunity, the way I see and know it, we are the finest Motorsport engineers on the planet, and if we don't keep self promoting, we will eventually loose the last quality skill we still posses.

I see your into high end home cinema equipment, I too have an interest in high end cinema equipment.
                    Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post
                      And best of all, I am keeping the entire build British, I promote British Motorsport engineering at every opportunity, the way I see and know it, we are the finest Motorsport engineers on the planet, and if we don't keep self promoting, we will eventually loose the last quality skill we still posses.

I see your into high end home cinema equipment, I too have an interest in high end cinema equipment.
                      Sorry to get off topic...Arcam avr750, Bowers and Wilkins 685s2/686s2, B&W centre speaker and Sub, Arcam bluray player, Atacama rack, Samsung 4k t.v. Brennan JB7 hard drive/player. Mostly British...I love it!
                      Last edited by JEZDS3; 28-02-2016, 21:06.

sigpic

Comment

Wow that is some serious dosh, what is your time frame Czar?
                        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Want. Looking forward to more info / pics for sure. Enjoy it Czar
                          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

MPG Please ?

Good on you Czar- tell us when you roadtest and where- may come see
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                              Wow that is some serious dosh, what is your time frame Czar?
                              Hoping to have it ready for its initial shakedown test, sometime around mid 2017 for my 50th Birthday.

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                              Want. Looking forward to more info / pics for sure. Enjoy it Czar
                              I have lots of technical information, what more would you like to know BeefMasta ? Photo's will be posted, as and when, I will enjoy the build thoroughly.
                              Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Working...
                              X