Race build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update;

Today was to be the day that I could surprise myself with my 50th Birthday present, the challenge of building a track dedicated toy was always going to be difficult, especially as I changed the build specifications along the way, a quick brief, there have been countless into the early hours of a new day, head scratching/problem solving, chasing new technology, which has been the biggest challenge, lots of rethought and redesign, and forever pushing the budget upwards.

The trouble with being a Race Engineer is the strive for perfection, and sadly perfection can be the greatest downfall, sadly today my 50th Birthday will not be to enjoy the fruits of thousands of hours of hard dedicated work, not only from myself, everyone involved, the day will be like all the past days dedicated to this challenging project, in my workshop, fuelled by coffee and any food brought in by friends, it's going to be another long day/weekend, that said, once these last few glitches are solved, let the fun begin.
    Performance Powered By Thought
    Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Happy birthday, and hope you can get the finished* product out on track soon!

*"finished" as a relative term, as I'm sure you'll always be fine tuning and improving after every session you do!
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Love to see the progress you make after today and your completely honed race car! As always best of luck with your project and pics when you have time to take them please!
        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

As said above. I look forward to the pics of this finely tuned machine when you get it to somewhere close to what you want. Oh and Happy Birthday :Joni:
          DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
            Happy birthday, and hope you can get the finished* product out on track soon!

*"finished" as a relative term, as I'm sure you'll always be fine tuning and improving after every session you do!
            Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
            Love to see the progress you make after today and your completely honed race car! As always best of luck with your project and pics when you have time to take them please!
            Originally posted by Funky View Post
            As said above. I look forward to the pics of this finely tuned machine when you get it to somewhere close to what you want. Oh and Happy Birthday :Joni:
            Thank you gentlemen, there will be plenty of pictures once it is complete, I use complete, loosely, as it will never be complete, it will always be evolving, a working progress, it is alive and running and has been for a few weeks, I just have a few electronic control teething glitches to address, understanding why the glitches are there in the first place, is the most time consuming and challenging of the build, oh well coffee break over, back to head scratching and diagnostics.
            Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Good luck with that, hope to see it soon

Comment

Can't wait for this 🤤
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Me either

Happy birthday Czar
                  sigpic

Comment

Teasers.

Engineered Horsepower

Comment

That looks more like a spaceship cockpit than a car cabin! Looks incredible.
                      Join the Facebook Group!
                      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Its a slightly upgraded Clio 172 ;-)
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Totally insane!!
                          White on red THP
                          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

WOW!!! What warp factor does she make???!!!!
                            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                              WOW!!! What warp factor does she make???!!!!
                              See above, estimated 1300 Hyperdrive Power
                              Join the Facebook Group!
                              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

That's not your average Ultima is it....
                                White on red THP

Comment

Working...
                                X