Deposit paid on ds3 demonstrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deposit paid on ds3 demonstrator

Hi, Just thought I would share the experience I had today. I took a DS3 HDi Dsport for a test drive on the 18th Dec at my local dealer, was just the right spec had only been registered the day before, me and the wife loved the car. Been considering buying a new one or an ex demonstrator since but at the right price.

Being a cash buyer thought I could get a good deal, but dealers seemed reluctant to discount a new car. Anyway been watching Autotrader, ebay, motor for the last month and surprised how few with the right spec. and colour were available (mostly yellow or black), ex demonstrators with up to 8000 on the clock were going for little under new retail price, in particular the diesel's.

Anyway went back into my local dealer today and asked him when his demonstrator would be available, mid March he said, cannot let it go until its 3 months old. So I told him I had £500 cash in my pocket for a deposit and I'd like to buy it for £15,000 and to my surprise he agreed. The only drawback is he will run it as a demonstrator untill the 1st March when I will collect it, none of his salesmen will use it in the meantime and will only be used as a demo car, so hopefully minimal additional mileage, got 1400 on the clock now. Its a sport red HDI Dsport with black roof and wheels with city signature. Was quite pleased and only 5 weeks to wait, only just hope someone doesn't damage it on a test drive in the meantime!!
    Last edited by clack54; 29-01-2011, 10:02.

ummm first sotry that i have heard like this on the forum. Good luck on the waiting game and also hope no one does anything silly while test driving it. Its a risk and it might come out gold but u never know :S

Comment

Firstly great choice of car. You sound like you are going for exactly the same car as me. I don't want to sound like I am pee-ing on your bonfire but I think that what you are doing is really risky. The reasons are as follows and it's only my own opinion okay.

Now that the dealer knows the car is sold they are less likely to keep the miles to a minimum and may start loaning the car out as overnight demos.
      If the car gets pranged will the dealer be honest enough to tell you after they have fixed it.
      Ex demos can be good value and they are run in and serviced ready to rock and roll but they can also be driven like they have been stolen by testers with lead boots on.
      Even though they will be serviced before delivery to you (you hope) they may not change the pads and discs which will most likely have been given a hammering when testers try out the "braking"

I am just about to pay a deposit on a deal I have got from my dealers pending a few small sweetners but basically for £17250 I get a New HDi 110 D-sport in Thorium Grey with leather interior and the My Way City Signature pack which gives you pretty much everything inc Sat nav and also a spare wheel. I am trying to get my very helpful and friendly dealer to throw in some chrome add ons and some mud flaps so pending that I should be able to take delivery of my car for the end of March as it is factory order. I know two and a bit grand is a lot of dough and I don't know exactly what the ex demo comes with but the above may be something to think about while you have chance.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Forgot to say that my quoted price includes all taxes and 12 months road tax.

Comment

Very Risky I Agree... Why Can't He Give It To You Now ???

=/

Comment

Obviously would have loved to have taken the car there and then, but he led me to believe the car needed to be 3 months old before he could release it, 1st March I know is not three months, but I believe he's giving himself time to get a new DS3 demonstrator delivered. He assured me the motor would not have more than 2000 on the clock. I considered £15k a good price for the car, registered mid December. Will be looking for a price adjustment if I spot anything when I collect it.

£17,250 for your Dsport sounds like a good deal, must be over £1K off.

Comment

Originally posted by clack54 View Post
            but he led me to believe the car needed to be 3 months old before he could release it
            This True Mr Biggie ?...

Comment

Hi, I too was a cash buyer and purchased an ex-demo. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and had to wait a few weeks until I was able to collect it with 1600k on the clock. Its a DStyle 120 bhp 1.6 and drives beautifully, I got it for a great price and didn't have to wait as long as some of the guys on here did. It was the colour I would have probably brought anyway if I'd had to make a choice, Sport Red/White. It was well speced and spotless and I have had no trouble with it whatsoever, touch wood XX

Comment

Who's head you touching Sparkle?

Comment

I think it might be true...a couple of cars ago I bought an ex-demo...had to wait till it was three months old before they could release it.

Comment

hi last car vw touran they said would have to wait 3months but got it at 2 months old.

Comment

The SMMT rules state the dealers can only release demos after three months, this stops the yearly numbers being fudged.

To be honest with you there would be no problem with what this dealer has done and it is common practice across the network, you don't own the car until you paid the money. All you have done at the moment is agree to buy the car when it is due, but that said and done the dealer is obliged to make sure that the car is fit for purpose as under law of the Sale of Goods act.

Kenjikojo what was the ticket price of your DS3 because the discount you got is way above the complete margin in the car!!
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

To update anybody who is interested I got a final quote from my local dealer this morning which I am happy with now and I am going to put a deposit on. The final new price is £17100 all in for the above mentioned spec. They have given me the extra discount instead of the chrome extras I was trying to get thrown as a sweetener for me. They also gave me prices with a 10% off for the extras but they are still way above ebay for the same identical parts so I shall be sourcing those elsewhere and fitting them myself which will be easy anyhow.

The basic ticket price for the DS3 HDi 110 D-Sport is £16300 I think but with the extras and the discount it comes out at a very good price i think. I am a happy chappy anyway. Hopefully delivery has been set at mid to the end of March.

In addition, I'm not sure if this was just a line to make me order sooner (I was going to order anyway) but the sales guy said that after the end of the month there are going to be some price changes with some of the DS3 models so anybody else in my shoes it may be worth checking on this to make sure you dont miss out.
                        Last edited by Kenjikojo; 28-01-2011, 15:10.

Comment

Kenjilojo contact our tame Citroen parts manager for the best prices around.
                          http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...-%28Citroen%29
                          Last edited by John S; 28-01-2011, 15:10.

Comment

Hi John55810uk, Thanks for that little bit of info. Can you beat the following prices?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

John Nicol almost certainly can and he's the parts manager at that seller

Comment

Working...
                              X