Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie, Blonde girl...... Help!!!

Hi all,
    Completely new to all this but need advice. I have recently bought a 12plate ds3 1.6 Airdream d style plus. I have had the car about 6 months and think it's absolutely brill, love the styling (red with black roof) really proud of my new purchase until.... Recently. 1st, Engine Fault lit up, then Stop/Start stopped working so took it to a local mechanic who plugged the diagnostic computer in, come up with alternator fault but mechanic said it was fine and charging, he could not reset the fault and now risk of filter clogging has appeared. I have tried to boot the car through the gears to regenerate the filter but the warning comes up faster and more frequent .... Please help what do I need to do, I have spent all my savings buying the car and don't make much money being a hairdresser! 💇

Originally posted by Blonde girl View Post
    Hi all,
    Completely new to all this but need advice. I have recently bought a 12plate ds3 1.6 Airdream d style plus. I have had the car about 6 months and think it's absolutely brill, love the styling (red with black roof) really proud of my new purchase until.... Recently. 1st, Engine Fault lit up, then Stop/Start stopped working so took it to a local mechanic who plugged the diagnostic computer in, come up with alternator fault but mechanic said it was fine and charging, he could not reset the fault and now risk of filter clogging has appeared. I have tried to boot the car through the gears to regenerate the filter but the warning comes up faster and more frequent .... Please help what do I need to do, I have spent all my savings buying the car and don't make much money being a hairdresser! ��
    Welcome to the forum!

You mentioned you've been booting the car through the gears to try and clear the DPF warning. Instead, try keeping it in lower gears and really stretching it to the limit. You want to get the car to the point where the exhaust is too hot to touch.

Take it out for an hour or so with some heavy acceleration and don't be afraid to get the revs all the way up and let us know how you get on

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....for-DS3http://

https://youtu.be/h7KXaBIrxFU
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

^ What Fish said.... oh and welcome to the club

I do a fair amount of long journeys so haven't had this issue so far (touch wood) but I believe the diesels prefer longer journeys so they can generate the heat required for a DPF clean, if you do frequent shorter journeys as a hairdresser it might not be getting up to temperature under your normal driving.

I have tried to force a regen once to see if it worked and by holding it in lower gears and near the top of the rev range it did start one. Might be something for the weekend ?
      sigpic

Comment

All good advice.

BTW: Did you know that Dangerousfish has just taken up being a hairdresser. Maybe you could give him some tips?
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
          All good advice.

BTW: Did you know that Dangerousfish has just taken up being a hairdresser. Maybe you could give him some tips?
          Is that why you were asking me how much I charge for a blow?
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            Is that why you were asking me how much I charge for a blow?
            mmmmm.... Yes. Because friends care
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Welcome to the club
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Welcome along
                Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

If you still have the light then you still have the issue, what your local tech might not know is that your car carries two batteries and it could be the slave battery not getting charge. I would suggest taking it to your local main dealer for a more in depth check.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Welcome, is your hair naturally blonde or dyed? I would help with your car problems, but I can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
                      Welcome, is your hair naturally blonde or dyed? I would help with your car problems, but I can't.
                      And that is the best attempted "pick up" line I've ever heard!
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Yeah Oli's at that awkward teen stage of his life now mate
                        sigpic

Comment

har flipping har

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                            If you still have the light then you still have the issue, what your local tech might not know is that your car carries two batteries and it could be the slave battery not getting charge. I would suggest taking it to your local main dealer for a more in depth check.
                            Slave battery?
                            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

All very good boys but I thought I might of had some clear cut answers by now, are we just having a wild guess or has this happened to anyone else!, surely I'm not the only girl in the world with a poorly DS3.
                              By the way what's a slave battery?

Comment

Working...
                              X