Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Newbie Saying hi, so.... yeah, Hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie Saying hi, so.... yeah, Hi!

Hiya!

Just dropping by to say hi.

Originally joined the forum last November, a week after buying a DSport (2010) for my good lady to replace her Alfa 156 (I'm an Alfa Romeo guy... sue me! )

The good lady loves the DS3 and I actually quite like the car too!

She has (the car, not the Wife ) one or two of the usual THP issues but I knew what I was getting into and am more than happy to ensure she's looked after properly.

So far I've sorted a coolant leak (thermostat housing cracked), a Turbo underboost (fricken P0299) issue, and still to do: find a small oil leak (or a dodgy 'low oil' sensor!) and an almost imperceptible stutter/hesitancy under acceleration (needing the valves cleaned, I reckon).

She's Thorium Grey with Carmen Red roof, red (pimp) perforated leather and loads of toys like the HiFi & MyWay, auto lights/wipers/mood lighting etc, so I guess she may be a DSport Plus? (also has chromed mirrors and door trims too)

I'll post some pics when I get a mo, and I'm looking forward to rolling my sleeves up and getting involved with the car and on here!

All the best!

Stu.

Welcome!

Oh wow, that's a rare combination now! I think in 2010 it was the combo that was sent to the dealers as the showroom model? So lots where kitted out to entice new owners. I know when I was looking at my first one in 2010 I asked my dealer what the most popular colour was and it was the grey and red, as most people fell for the first one they saw in the showroom

Biggy has a Alfa, you'll be fine

What plans do you have for the car?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Welcome along! Looking forward to the pics, that colour combo sounds divine! Never seen one with that pairing Also the chrome mirrors would indeed mean DSport Plus.

If you wanted to put some go faster bits on it, there's plenty of ideas in the mods section
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Welcome to the club Stu and Mrs Stu. Post some pics up when you can. I've never seen that colour combo either. Look forward to see what you do to her....erm....I mean your DS3.....not your Mrs!! :redface:
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the lovely welcome, guys and gals. :redface:

I thought the Thorium and Carmen was quite common? Have I messed up? Our is the same as this: Click image for larger version

Name:	vds_ds3_hdi_so_chic_92cv_99886106156015608.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	360830 but with all silver Bellones. I've also attached pic of ours, which I took (badly) the day I bought her home. I'll get some proper pics though as she has been clayed and thoroughly spoiled with Bilt Hamber detailing products since the pic. .:-)

Regarding plans... well... nothing dramatic as I'm wanting to get her THP heart breathing and singing well. With that done, tempted to remap and beyond that, it's aesthetics; perhaps some subtle roof decals just to accent the red, then change the mood lighting hue, add usb functionality to MyWay somehow, get the mirrors to park (currently not doing so) and there are a couple of 'bastard' car park dings to sort, but other than that, maintenance and driving her like I stole her on the weekends to keep her in tune.

I have to admit, after 1K miles and many roundabouts/lift-off oversteer and some great B roads, she is definitely entertaining, if a little... crashy, but I am not sure how to dial that out really, if it's at all possible. without major suspension work (that ain't happening!)

As an aside - great forum - fantastic info here and I'm learning a lot.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Stu.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by StuG69; 04-01-2017, 19:52.

Comment

Please do excuse the rather cr@p post insofar as layout is concerned. ^^^ I'm getting the hang of a new forum... badly, clearly!

Comment

Looks nice Stu - really like the colour combo. I've not seen all silver Bellones before either. Oh and don't worry about if your posts aren't perfect, you will get the hang of it and tbh who cares, we aren't gonna judge you on it. Have fun and enjoy the forum - it's a good one.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	14556563_10154512261933346_7517648174513810378_o.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	360831

So, a few early pics - I'll do better ones. :-)

Comment

Name:	14700801_10154512262753346_683159959691038250_o.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	360832

Comment

Name:	14715092_10154512262533346_7562719369654020577_o.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	360833

Comment

Name:	14753707_10154512262938346_3648154539495221449_o.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	360834

Comment

I do wonder if the Bellones have been... modified?

Comment

Originally posted by StuG69 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13756[/ATTACH]
                          Ohhh I like that interior too. You have got a belter there!!

Comment

Don't think the Bellones are painted, I've seen a yellow DS3 with silver ones before. Just very uncommon as black is standard on most.

What has been changed is the previous owner blacked out the chrome on the bottom half of the front grille. Makes it look a bit more aggressive

r.e. formatting, you can use the "Go Advanced" button next to the "Post Quick Reply" button to get a preview, which helps you to see what it'll come out like. If in doubt, double line spacing breaks up the text chunks so you'll see me doing it a lot! Oh, and you can put multiple images in one reply
                            Last edited by BenS; 04-01-2017, 20:43.
                            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                              Ohhh I like that interior too. You have got a belter there!!
                              Thank you soooo much! :-)

Originally posted by BenS View Post

What has been changed is the previous owner blacked out the chrome on the bottom half of the front grille.

Oooooh, how/what/where? I don't see it? But then, I am a bloody idiot where it comes to seeing - or not! - what's in front of my face!

Thanks also for the posting tips for images, too, I really appreciate the help,and it's all duly noted!

Comment

Working...
                              X