Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a Mito to a DS3

Hi all
    Getting a DS3 white next week. I have bought the diesel variant and it's the first time I have ever had a diesel car, so I'm feeling nervous about it! I have an Alfa Romeo Mito Cloverleaf (170bhp) at present and as much as I love Mito's, it was my 2nd one and just 8 weeks after buying it I am changing it. It was a mistake to buy the same model twice! I have lost an absolute fortune in 8 weeks, but that's gone now...so I am hoping that the DS3 can live up to all my expectations.

Anyway, enough rambling..hello everyone!

Steve - a very old 50, hope you ain't all young on here!

Welcome to the forum Steve! I'm sure you'll love it!

You coming to the DS3 meet next month to show off your new baby? :P
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hi Steve,

Youv'e made a sound choice...Dont think you'll be dissapointed...I'm reliving my youth as mine looks like a boyracers car lol and i'm 40.

Let us know how you get on.

Clarky

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        Welcome to the forum Steve! I'm sure you'll love it!

You coming to the DS3 meet next month to show off your new baby? :P
        Hello Dangerous and thanks! I doubt very much I will be coming to a meet up just yet, but maybe in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
          Hi Steve,

Youv'e made a sound choice...Dont think you'll be dissapointed...I'm reliving my youth as mine looks like a boyracers car lol and i'm 40.

Let us know how you get on.

Clarky
          Hello Clarky! Glad someone is at least within a decade of me! I must be one of the oldest DS3 owners on here ain't I? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by DSteve3 View Post
            Hello Clarky! Glad someone is at least within a decade of me! I must be one of the oldest DS3 owners on here ain't I? ;-)
            Hi Steve, great to have another E Anglian owner on here - I was beginning to feel very lonely! Whereabouts in Norfolk are you?

Like Clarky, I also look like a middle-aged boy-racer in my yellow & black DSport, but I don't give a monkeys - and I've got a few more years on me than you!

Perhaps we should change the old saying about age to "you're as young as the car that you drive"!

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
              Hi Steve, great to have another E Anglian owner on here - I was beginning to feel very lonely!
              Oops - not forgetting tck3131, who works in Cambridge and also has a White, and who is the jammiest person alive (for reasons you'll discover if you search the forum!)

Comment

sorry to disapoint you, but you are just a baby still.I will be 59 shortly ( thats on the outside) and know that there are older owners mybe not on here but have seen a few.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                  Hi Steve, great to have another E Anglian owner on here - I was beginning to feel very lonely! Whereabouts in Norfolk are you?

Like Clarky, I also look like a middle-aged boy-racer in my yellow & black DSport, but I don't give a monkeys - and I've got a few more years on me than you!

Perhaps we should change the old saying about age to "you're as young as the car that you drive"!

I'm glad some of you are getting on a bit, on the Mito forum they were all young! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by alcaz1wolf View Post
                    sorry to disapoint you, but you are just a baby still.I will be 59 shortly
                    LOL, nice one fella! Aye, welcome again Steve, I don't think you're the oldest either though Alc! I seen a little silver fox driving one round my way a few weeks back there, she certainly looked to be in retirement age - never know, she might sign up to the forum one day!

I work with a fella who has a Mito and he's had quite a few issues with it, one included it conking out on the motorway - streuth. He likes the car though but could do without all the issues! You'll love the diesel, I have a diesel DS myself, first time I've owned a diesel - I need it for the miles I do and the savings on the fill ups, it hasn't disappointed.

Comment

Welcome Steve!

As Gar074 says, good to have another Anglian around the forum

Comment

Thanks all.
                        Got the car today, it's fantastic!! Wouldn't really know that it's a diesel at all! I'm getting an orange warning light on the dash, something about the passenger airbag...looks as if it's saying it's off, but the key is in the on positiion. It goes away after about a minute though. Is this normal?

Really, really pleased with this car and ok it's not 170bhp like the Mito, but at 70 odd mpg, istead of 28mpg who cares!

Comment

Glad you like the car DSteve...new you would.....Dash warning light is normal....It's a warning telling you that the passenger air bag is activated....Deactivate it inside glovebox only if you have a child in front seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
                            Glad you like the car DSteve...new you would.....Dash warning light is normal....It's a warning telling you that the passenger air bag is activated....Deactivate it inside glovebox only if you have a child in front seat.
                            (Belated) Thanks for the info!

I'm still loving the car. It's far more comfortable than the Mito and it is lovely to drive. I might have to go back to the dealers at some point because it seems to be a little bit 'hesitant' at around 50mph in 5th...you know, sort of a slight dip and increase in speed, without moving the accelerator. It's not a major problem though and it's only just noticeable.

Comment

Some of the other HDi owners on here have reported hesitation at certain speeds.

Suspect you may get the predictable "they all do that, sir" response from the dealers...

Comment

Working...
                              X