No announcement yet.

From a Mito to a DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing a remap (Tuning box) wouldn't sort out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
      Nothing a remap (Tuning box) wouldn't sort out lol.
      When Someone Finds Out How ;(

Comment

DSteve3 - My white edition diesel should be arriving this week for pick up next. I nearly bought the Mito Turismo Sport diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by The Booge View Post
          DSteve3 - My white edition diesel should be arriving this week for pick up next. I nearly bought the Mito Turismo Sport diesel.
          I think you will like the car! I will return to Alfa's one day, but for the next couple of years I will be happy with the DS3. I'm getting near to 60mpg...and that's a great feeling. Have yet to go on a good run, but looking forward to setting up the cruise control and going to sleep.

Comment

Steve, am I right in thinking I read about your MiTo dilemma over on alfaowner.com?

I'm an ex-Alfa man myself, but loving my DS3!
            1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-T View Post
              That makes three of us!

Comment

Ill Admit... If I Had A Bit Extra Cash Going Spare Then I May Have Bought The Guillieta...

Please Don't Hurt Me...

:L

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                  Ill Admit... If I Had A Bit Extra Cash Going Spare Then I May Have Bought The Guillieta...

Please Don't Hurt Me...

:L
                  Nice car, but about £2k overpriced right up the range in my opinion.

The most expensive Giulietta is more expensive than a Brera and the two aren't in the same league, if you ask me.
                  1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Yeah They Are A Bit Pricey...

And Then The Electrics Fail... :L

Comment

Steve, am I right in thinking I read about your MiTo dilemma over on alfaowner.com?

Yes, that was me! I am feeling a bit of pain over it all to be honest. I loved the 1st Mito, never really connected with the 2nd one and it had to go...but now I look at Mito's longingly again..but that's cars for ya! :rolleyes: Curiously, the DS3 will probably be worth as much as the Mito at trade in in 2 years time, because the top of the range model (Mito) drops like a stone in value. So the money that I lost won't be quite as painful then!!

I really do love the DS3, but as I have said, I will return to Alfa's at some point because they feel a little 'special' somehow. I don't like the Giulietta, to me that looks ordinary, and has someone has said, it's over-priced. Maybe the new Giulia will hit the mark when it's released in 2012? There's an impression of one here, it looks great, but a little big maybe:
                      http://www.eurocarblog.com/tag/alfa+romeo+giulia

Comment

I'll return to Alfa at some point too. I really miss my Brera but I can't justify that expense any more and there's nothing else in the Alfa range that does it for me at the moment.

The DS3 has a certain 'Alfa-ness' about it though, I think. The unusual head turning looks with a distinct sporting theme. The exclusivity or rarity feel with there not being many on the road.

Know what I mean?
                        1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

I'll return to Alfa at some point too. I really miss my Brera but I can't justify that expense any more and there's nothing else in the Alfa range that does it for me at the moment.

The DS3 has a certain 'Alfa-ness' about it though, I think. The unusual head turning looks with a distinct sporting theme. The exclusivity or rarity feel with there not being many on the road.

Know what I mean?
                          Yes, I know what you mean, but there is a lot of negativity out there towards Citroen and I don't know why. The car is superbly comfortable, drives beautifully and looks great (although it can't compete with Alfa's on looks, not quite).

Incidentally, I love the Brera, but it wouldn't fit in the garage and I wouldn't leave it on the street! I have only about 1/2 and inch either side of the garage with the DS3 as it is and have already had a minor scrape on the wing mirror! Maybe I should get a C1 (had one before, loved it in a didn't have to care where I parked it, didn't need to clean it sort of a way).
                          Last edited by DSteve3; 06-10-2010, 10:18.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                            That makes three of us!
                            x 4 , although many moons ago in my case ... a Sprint Veloce, from the time when Alfas were still Alfas, with all that that involved, both good & bad...

Nearly bought a GT instead of the DS3, but it didn't agree with my knackered back. Not had a twinge in the DS3.
                            Last edited by gar074; 06-10-2010, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                              ... a Sprint Veloce ...
                              :cool:
                              1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

:cool:
                                Before kids and mortgage and all that stuff...

Now, 25 years later, kids have all left home and the mortgage is paid off, so ... party on!!

Comment

Working...
                                X