No announcement yet.

Another New DS3 Owner - Almost! But I'm hearing bad things about economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, if I want a thrill I wont be driving the DS. Ive decided that I'm sticking to my original decision. DS3 is a go! cant sleep at night out of anticipation. Why cant it be here NOW! My 4th brand new car and you cant beat the feeling of putting the first mile on the clock. Now to look forward to the running in procedure! Im always pretty meticulous wearing it in. Whats the deal with the DS3 eHDi- How may miles? whats the rev restriction?
    '07 e92 320d
    '58 e93 330d
    '12 DS3 110 eHDi Airdream
    '98 E36 328i Sport Coupe
    '13Mercedes E-Class coupe
    '02 E46 M3

Comment

I just drive mine sameer i don't bother with all this running in stuff, if i want to boot i do.
      2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by tez View Post
        I just drive mine sameer i don't bother with all this running in stuff, if i want to boot i do.
        Phaha. OK... I think ill stick to doing what I've always done and run it in as meticulously as I always do and stick to the procedures outlined and recommended by almost all manufacturers.
        '07 e92 320d
        '58 e93 330d
        '98 E36 328i Sport Coupe
        '02 E46 M3

Comment

no its not... engines are run in at source, they are built within micromillimeters of the tolerances allowed and being built in bulk by computers not man theres only a small handful of defects...
          i have new cars every 2/3 years and have never 'bedded' them in... get in it blast it!
          If owt were to go wrong youve got the warranty so no probs...
          Citroen saxo VTS - Ragged - no probs
          Citroen picasso (2 of these) - ragged - no probs
          Citroen c4 grand picasso - ragged - no probs
          Ford Galaxy - ragged - no probs
          Kia sedona 2.9 td (2 of these)- ragged - no probs

the above are the new cars ive had and all came with the same - First service at 18k or 12months whichever comes first... way back they used to do first service after 6weeks... this'll be when theyd find shavings in your oil or abnormal wear.....
          Again
          Get in and BOOT IT !

Comment

It's not just the engine your bedding in
            '07 e92 320d
            '58 e93 330d
            '98 E36 328i Sport Coupe
            '02 E46 M3

Comment

No i know its not. But cars are built to go straight from the forecourt.

Comment

I've only just got in from driving this car pretty much all day. 250miles done. Safe to say I'm happy with my purchase. I haven't thought about BMW's all day
                '07 e92 320d
                '58 e93 330d
                '98 E36 328i Sport Coupe
                '02 E46 M3

Comment

Had my e-HDI 6 days and just done 200 miles doing a good mix of motorway and normal roads. Have to say I've been enjoying putting my foot down and accelerating fairly hard. My mpg since I got the car is saying 51.3 and that seems to be creeping up each day!
                  2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
                  2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
                  1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Working...
                  X