Decisions, decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
    You considered getting it remapped Andy? I reckon you could get that to a consistent 45MPG..
    I have mate. Power gains of 40bhp with better economy, sounds like a no-brainer. The only thing stopping me is the extra insurance and voiding the warranty.

Comment

Andy where are u in newC

Comment

Originally posted by Andy150 View Post
        I have mate. Power gains of 40bhp with better economy, sounds like a no-brainer. The only thing stopping me is the extra insurance and voiding the warranty.
        If you're getting it done through a Viezu dealer they give you a warranty with the remap. If something blows up or stops working due to the remap (extremely unlikely) you're covered.

With regards to insurance, I'd recommend speaking to your insurance provider to see how much the increase would be if you decide to tell them about it..
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I've already been considering getting mine mapped when I get it, but it's concerning me whether the brakes/chassis etc can handle it ok? Basically all the stuff that's updated on the R to handle the extra power that the THP doesn't have.

Am I worrying for nothing, how is it with the extra horsies?
          White/Black
          1.6 THP

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
            I've already been considering getting mine mapped when I get it, but it's concerning me whether the brakes/chassis etc can handle it ok? Basically all the stuff that's updated on the R to handle the extra power that the THP doesn't have.

Am I worrying for nothing, how is it with the extra horsies?
            A-Mazing. I've only put an extra 3k on the clock since having it done but you can definitely tell the difference!
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              A-Mazing. I've only put an extra 3k on the clock since having it done but you can definitely tell the difference!
              No worries about wheelspin/torque steer or the brakes not being able to stop it with the extra power then?
              White/Black
              1.6 THP

Comment

Granted, the car spins up a lot more if you're giving it beans but it certainly makes it far more fun to drive
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                X