No announcement yet.

Just ordered a DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm very jealous - i can't wait to receive mine as i'm very impatient. i've been looking at the owners manual and am i right in thinking that the door mirrors power-fold when you lock the car?

Comment

Thanks for the pics it looks amazing.
      I like the colour combo i was thinking of the same but could not stretch to the dsport .

Comment

Originally posted by Parafilm View Post
        Very nice! i bet it looks even better in the metal! The white dash works really well i think, lifts the interioir really well but doesnt make it look gaudy at all. How did it drive? you happy with it? Whats the black like in the sun? havent seen a black one (dealer had grey and yellow) but ordered one anyway.
        Also, nice numberplate!

All the best
        Certainly looks better in the metal. It's one of those cars that actually looks a bit funny in photos but looks a lot meaner in the metal.

How does it drive? Well, went out on my own a while ago to really drive it and it really is very very good. 1500rpm, floor it and it pulls smoothly all the way to redline. Being a turbo, no need to rev it hard to get anywhere, I think max torque is below 2k rpm. Its the sheer speed it puts on but with seemingly no fuss. Totally different from my C2 Loeb where you rev it hard to get anyway quick. Handling wise, also very good. Ride is wonderful, even over potholes so you would expect the car to roll badly, but it doesn't. If you hustle car along in bends it is very rewarding. No where near the limit obviously but the sense of total control is actually very confidence inspiring

And as I was driving back past a large wall with no traffic about, windows down. Give it a boot full and then lift off and you can hear the subtle but distinctive PPfffffffsss of a turbo dumping through I'm guessing a recirculating dump valve. Nice.

The black is black in shade, but in the sun it sparkles slightly (some flake in the paint I think). Again, subtle, but nice. And the white is pure white.

Good job on ordering a black one. I think it's the nicest combination. Hope yours arrives soon.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by atticboy View Post
          i'm very jealous - i can't wait to receive mine as i'm very impatient. i've been looking at the owners manual and am i right in thinking that the door mirrors power-fold when you lock the car?
          Yeah, I saw power folding in the manual but I'm sure mine don't.....

Just went out to the car to check. No, mine don't fold. I checked the switch for the mirrors, and the switch only allows selection of a mirror, left or right, it doesn't go backwards as per the manual.

Therefore, it is either an option (but haven't seen it mentioned) or it is a trim level thing. Ours is a DSport, so maybe on the DStyle or something ?

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Sounds great! i know what you mean about it looking odd in pictures, it almost seems too thin? but when you see it it works really well. Nice summary of the car there, it sounds excellent, i cant wait to get mine (should be getting some news on friday but my dealer hasnt been the best if im honest).
            On my test drive it did notice how torquey it was, quite impressive, the torque curve it self is impressively flat, you get the max from 1400 -5500rpm if i remember rightly which might explain it!
            I wonder how long it'l be before some people start fitting huge dump valves to it Impreza style? although im rather hoping not!
            Excellent posting, im looking forward to reading how you get on with it!

All the best,

Scott
            '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
            '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
            'We do what we must, because we can.'
            Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by iwatkins View Post
              [ATTACH]16[/ATTACH]

Everything is just right. iPod control through the steering controls works well. The powered sub works well, really good quality sound we think and goes LOUD. Haven't managed to get either of our mobiles paired with the Bluetooth system yet though, search for device works but actual pairing fails for some reason. Will get to the bottom of that.
              Had the same issue when pairing my phone to the bluetooth at the Dealer, it just kept failing. In the end they took it back into the workshop 'reset' I assume disconnected the battery and brought it back, it then paired straight away 1st time to my iphone, and had no problems pairing it to a second Iiphone when i got it home.

Steve

Comment

Hi Ian,

Just spoke to my dealership as had the same problem connecting my iPhone, Citroen have had the problem on a few models including the belingo and c4 picasso. Just give them a call and pop it in and they will do a reset and it should work fine afterwards.

Thanks
                Neil

Comment

Thanks both of you.

I couldn't get down to my dealer today but spoke to them.

They said the same thing, they will simply depower the stereo system for 15 seconds and then repower it. You will loose your audio setup, e.g. bass, treble etc. and the clock, but all easily reset. Or you can actually do it yourself.

You can either:

1. Pull the postive battery terminal off for 15 seconds and then refit.

or

2. Pull fuse F8 from the glove box fusebox (on mine its a mini fuse, yellow 20AMP) for 15 seconds and refit.

I did the later and sure enough it works. Pairing and connection was then really fast and now got both our phones paired and making calls. My HTC Magic can even stream audio via Bluetooth as well and it works just great, appears as another audio source on the stereo.

I like this car more and more

Thanks again guys.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Working...
                  X