I <3 the internet - the things I find to help me through the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Talking about Adam and the Ants (other thread) found this. I will say now that NO I WILL NOT PUT ON CHEQUERED TIGHTS AND A TWO TWO lol

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Still laughing

Comment

Get the feeling we need a Star Wars Thread!

Comment

Jedi animals

I like 6, 9 & 12
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Swedish photographer Philip Karlberg used clever lighting and carefully arranged wooden pins to create a series of unique celebrity portraits for Plaza Magazine. "A couple of months ago I came up with an idea I have had in mind for years" he says, "I just didn't know what I could use it for. But then I did a test with sunglasses, and it really turned out great. So I sent an image with the test to Plaza Magazine, and a week later I started shooting. It was a real challenge to recreate the famous faces with their iconic sunglasses. It took me 6 days to shoot the 6 faces, and around 1200 sticks were used.
                http://www.philipkarlberg.com/
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Woody:

Origin
                  In 2006, Japanese toy company Kaiyodo released their Revoltech line of collector-oriented toys that consisted mainly of Anime figures. In 2010, Kaiyodo broadened their variety of toys with a new subline called the Sci-Fi (Tokusatsu) Revoltech series. This line focused on iconic characters from Japanese and American film and television series like Mothra, Gamera, the Alien, Jack Skellington and Batman. In March of 2010, Kaiyodo unveiled prototypes for Buzz Lightyear and Sheriff Woody from the Toy Story movies. Like most Revoltech toys, the Woody figures had an alternate faceplate to choose from:

Crazy Woody - image gallery on Deviantart

I think the toy was recalled?
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

This one make me smile

and this one!

Comment

Wow - some people are very sad. Well, 1671 people are.

The UK's advertising watchdog has released a list of the most complained-about ads of all time. There are some surprising results.

Anyone guessing what adverts provoked the most complaints might speculate along the lines of sex, violence, swearing, animal cruelty and blasphemy.

Wrong. A Kentucky Fried Chicken TV advert, which aired in 2005 and featured call centre workers singing with their mouths full of food, is the most complained about of all time.

To coincide with its 50th anniversary, the Advertising Standards Authority has collated the 10 adverts from the past half century that have garnered the most complaints.

1. KFC (2005): Call centre workers singing while eating 1,671 complaints - not upheld
                      2. Auction World (2004): Shopping channel 1,360 complaints - referred to Ofcom
                      3. Paddy Power (2010): Cat being kicked by blind football player 1,313 complaints - not upheld
                      4. The Christian Party (2009): Poster saying "There definitely is a god" 1,204 complaints - not upheld
                      5. British Safety Council (1995): Condom advert featuring Pope 1,192 complaints - upheld
                      6. Marie Stopes International (2010): TV ad offering sexual and reproductive healthcare advice 1,088 complaints - not upheld
                      7. Volkswagen (2008): Depicted an engineer fighting multiple versions of himself 1,070 complaints - partially upheld
                      8. Yves St Laurent (2000): Poster of naked reclining Sophie Dahl 948 complaints - upheld
                      9. Department of Energy and Climate Change (2010): Press and TV campaign about climate change 939 complaints - upheld in part
                      10. Barnardo's (2008): TV campaign about domestic child abuse 840 complaints - not upheld

From 2011:
                      1. Phones 4U Ltd - 659 complaints
                      Woman sees ghost-like girl (above) with mobile phone in underground car park. Voiceover says "Missing our deals will haunt you."
                      Not upheld, but post 19:30 restriction applied

2. Littlewoods - 585 complaints
                      Children sing and rap during nativity play about presents bought by their mothers.
                      Not upheld

3. CSL - 260 complaints
                      Sofa TV ad of three female models posing and dancing in lingerie.
                      Not upheld

4. Lynx deodorant - 214 complaints
                      Parody of Noah's Ark story - man attracts women to his boat by spraying himself with deodorant.
                      Not upheld

5. Travel Palestine - 149 complaints
                      Magazine ad promoting tourist sites suggests Palestine is a recognised country, and Jerusalem is in Palestinian-administered land.
                      Upheld in part - advertiser told not to suggest it was universally accepted that locations were part of Palestine

6. Durex - 126 complaints
                      Man and woman embrace in a club, and are transported to a bedroom. Close-up of condom packet, voiceover says "Love sex, Durex."
                      Not upheld

7. Lynx shower gel - 115 complaints
                      Poster shows woman in outdoor shower wearing bikini bottoms. Strapline says "The cleaner you are, the dirtier you get."
                      Upheld in part - likely to cause offence and unsuitable for children

8. Phones 4 ULtd - 98 complaints
                      National press ad for "miraculous deals" features winking cartoon Jesus Christ.
                      Upheld - as it ran during Easter, ASA considered it disrespectful to Christian faith

9. The Money Advice Service - 80 complaints
                      People complained this TV ad and website for financial products and services were misleading.
                      Not upheld

10. Phones 4 U - 79 complaints
                      TV ad in which a zombie chases a man through the woods.
                      Not upheld
                      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Phones 4 U seem to be popular with the complainers
                        DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Inception!!

Comment

Made me smile

Comment

Todays giggle

Comment

Cool car bro

My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                                X