Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
    They deffo provide cover for modified cars Chris as I've used them to get mine covered, not sure my mods are anything like as extensive as yours though - is that for the Clio ?
    Yes. Tha Clio. Having stuff removed from a car makes it less stable in any impact, so has to be disclosed, as its not just a remap
    Did you upgrade your brakes and clutch with your remap?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Brakes - no, apparently they're good for more then the box adds.

Clutch - not yet, it's on the original stock clutch at the moment, my friend had the same box on his S1 for over a year and had no clutch issues so I'm waiting to see if mine will need replacing. If it does I will probably get a sintered one (although might get an organic one as the sintered's are fierce apparently)

Did you have to upgrade anything on your Golf R ?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        you do motors that have been modified- seats removed, bucket seats and roll bars etc etc?
        Hi, we are mod-friendly but the few exceptions include removed seats and roll bars unfortunately. Sorry about that.

CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE - the right choice for DS3Club members
        QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 :: CLUB CODE: 215

Follow us: Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post

Did you have to upgrade anything on your Golf R ?
          Didnt need to, Took the box off after 6 weeks of using it, and sold it for £40 more than i bought it for
          It was stomach lurching fast, and got in a race with some Audi RS7 or something, Ended up going so sodding fast on a public road it was almost like flying
          So lost my bottle, though i'd kill myself, so took it off

Would have looked at brakes upgrade, would have waited see how clutch went but think it was good for the 360bhp, and would have fitted flashing light to warn peeeps to W"get outta the way..... coming thru..."

sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

They do make a big difference don't they Chris? I'm enjoying mine but haven't been as close to death as you were....

Once the warranty is up I might investigate an APR map and sell the box as you did.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BenS
              Thanks Nick, I'm not too worried though. Will be looking around again come next renewal anyway, so will try then.
              Try provident insurance Ben cost me 324 pound for my racing and there very good I will say

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X