No announcement yet.

How you paying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've ordered mine through the NHS fleet scheme. It'll cost me around £250 a month in real terms after salary sacrificing. I get a brand new DS3 110 HDi Sport, comes with fully comp insurance for up to five people, servicing, roadside assistance, road fund license and tyres. I cant even sort out my own punctures, just have to phone a man that can. In the run up to the end of the three years, I chose a new car, sort out a new contract and old car collected, new car delivered.

Looked at all the other options and found this the best way. Over the three years it will cost me less that I would lose in depreciation and I dont have to worry about insurance and servicing costs.

Not all trusts are signed up to it but its an easy check.

Comment

^^^ Not Bad At All...

So This Is Where Our Money Goes... lol

Comment

Originally posted by adodman View Post
        I've ordered mine through the NHS fleet scheme. It'll cost me around £250 a month in real terms after salary sacrificing. I get a brand new DS3 110 HDi Sport, comes with fully comp insurance for up to five people, servicing, roadside assistance, road fund license and tyres. I cant even sort out my own punctures, just have to phone a man that can. In the run up to the end of the three years, I chose a new car, sort out a new contract and old car collected, new car delivered.

Looked at all the other options and found this the best way. Over the three years it will cost me less that I would lose in depreciation and I dont have to worry about insurance and servicing costs.

Not all trusts are signed up to it but its an easy check.
        I work in Employee Benefits and Salary Sacrifice is a great way to do this.
        sigpic

Comment

I part ex'd my focus and will pay the rest in cash.

Comment

Hi all... I opted for Elect 3, 3 years at £210 a month, then £7200 to pay if I want to keep it at the end... but we'll see when we get to that stage. I part exchanged my C2 VTS for £3500 which I thought was a good price (would've maybe got £250 more privately but I don't want to go through the hassle). I didn't have the cash to own outright, or I would've done it. Although other forum members pointed out, as soon as you drive it off the forecourt, it's worth a lot less. This gives me a few more years to save for the lump sum or a deposit on the next one. Oh and apparently the 'guaranteed future value' is a low estimate, and if the car is worth more then that can be used as deposit towards a new car as well. And you don't just have to buy another Citroen, can go to any car make and exchange.
            I did look at 2 year lease as well, it would've actually been slightly cheaper per month, but you have to make the decision of whether to buy or not sooner, plus it would've been £9200 to pay at the end, which I just don't have lying around.
            I think 6.9% APR is pretty good compared to most loans; they also cover you for 6 months should you lose your job and not be able to afford the monthly payments, which I thought was good of them.
            Botticelli blue/Onyx black with black wheels.. whoohoo

Comment

DSport THP - £290 pm on Elect3 over 36months @10k per year - essentially £0 deposit apart from Citroens £1000 Contribution
              Last edited by x6411; 31-05-2011, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Drecat View Post
                Part ex'ed my C2 GT and have 3 years of payments before I decide whether I want to refinance the remaining £7k/part ex it/give it back. Trying to get a business up and running so will give it to the boyfriend when I make enough for a company car (optimistic I know). That way he can decide what he wants to do with it.
                I'm thinking generous lol

Comment

I realised that the Elect 3 term is 37 months.. is this a clever way for Citroen to ensure that you HAVE to MOT it before you give it back? (seeing as it'll be 1 month past the 3-year term)? and is there a way to get out of that. If I'm giving it back after the 3 years I don't want that cost on top as well
                  Botticelli blue/Onyx black with black wheels.. whoohoo

Comment

I was initially going to pay cash, since I plan on owning the car. However, it worked out better taking up Elect 3 (6.9%) for 25 months, with a maximum 40% deposit and £1000 Citroen deposit contribution.

I can put the rest of the money I was initially going to spend on the car in a savings account, effectively getting the car interest free for the 25 month period.

Alternatively, if it works out, I’ll pay off the remaining payments 4 – 5 months down the line.

Comment

£1000 deposit - of my own money
                      £8500 cash - of my own money
                      £4000 part ex - 2008 Seat Ibiza Sport 100 (57 plate)
                      £10000 loan - from Tesco (saves me just over £1300 compared to the finance i would have got from Citroen) £206 per month for 5 years.

Comment

I part exchanged my Auris SR (30000 miles on clock) got 6k and paid cash for the rest on my DS3 White Edition.

Comment

I've just ordered my THP DSport plus on Elect 3 over 2 years. I put a £3000 deposit down and will pay £179.96 per month with a future value £9231.

Comment

Working...
                          X