Local dealer is he taking the p**s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local dealer is he taking the p**s

Took the plunge today when in to the local dealer told him i want a DS3 DSTYLE PLUS, part ex my car what i owe £5800 on but he said no ploblem i can give you that for your car. then he when out back (as they do) came back with £308 a month on elect 3 plan with £500 deposit!! seems a bit much a month what do you think.

hmmm....

When I got mine, I was part ex'ing my mini for £1500 as depoist and was getting the 110 dsport with city pack and they quoted me about £220(£205 without)

I ended up with the white edition 90HDi because I could have it in 2 weeks xD and pay £200
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

That's seems a bit steep, I'm paying £219 a month for dstyle plus. They gave me £3000 part ex for mine plus £500 towards deposit and they knocked £800 off the car.

Picked the car up and didn't have to pay any sort of deposit.

Comment

To put it into perspective im paying £270 a month for a DSport Plus THP with a £3000 deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
          hmmm....

When I got mine, I was part ex'ing my mini for £1500 as depoist and was getting the 110 dsport with city pack and they quoted me about £220(£205 without)

I ended up with the white edition 90HDi because I could have it in 2 weeks xD and pay £200
          What ?

Im Paying £300 A Month For 4 Years For A DStyle With A £2000 Deposit ?...

Comment

I'm paying £286 p/m for my THP. £0 deposit

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
              What ?

Im Paying £300 A Month For 4 Years For A DStyle With A £2000 Deposit ?...
              Originally posted by x6411 View Post
              I'm paying £286 p/m for my THP. £0 deposit
              What The Fuck ?

Comment

What The Fuck ?
                Mines elect3 though, so I'll still have the GFV to pay at the end of the 3yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo1985 View Post
                  That's seems a bit steep, I'm paying £219 a month for dstyle plus. They gave me £3000 part ex for mine plus £500 towards deposit and they knocked £800 off the car.

Picked the car up and didn't have to pay any sort of deposit.
                  so was your deposit £3500 or £500

Comment

that is a bit dear by the sound of it. The internet deals at newcitroendeals are about £280 per month with 1 k deposit i believe. They will give you £1500 deposit i think - anyway something like that. Get them to show you the figures....
                    plus newcitreondeals will give you a px price. might not be what you want but the overall price will be cheaper i would have thought?
                    Last edited by pauljack; 04-02-2012, 20:15.

Comment

Originally posted by pauljack View Post
                      that is rediculous by the sound of it. The internet deals at newcitroendeals are about £280 per month with 1 k deposit i believe. They will give you £1500 deposit i think - anyway something like that. So you are being well and truely spanked. Get them to show you the figures....
                      plus newcitreondeals will give you a px price. might not be what you want but the overall price will be cheaper i would have thought?
                      The deal on the car im after on newcitreondeals.co.uk is DSTYLE PLUS £999 deposit then £208 a month over 3 years (elect 3) my local dealer is way of the mark with his price. Do you think its a case of waiting for him to call me, is he just trying it on!!

Comment

What The Fuck ?
                        elect 3 over 3 years
                        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                        Third time around.
                        Work in Progress

Comment

hmmmmmm, i hadn't read it properly. Now i see you owe what the px is worth. its more than internet places but now i see clearer.
                          its up to you, but remember you can get it cheaper on the net but u may not get as much px price? mind you if its 100 quid a month more that a lot over 3 years.
                          Internet all the way!!!!
                          Last edited by pauljack; 04-02-2012, 20:17.

Comment

Ok ok ok.

Everybody here is jumping the bandwagon, the OP hasn't given us the true figures. First off I take it you owe HP or something on your PX and that the PX value is equal to the settlement that you owe, yes? Until we know that it is very hard to judge. We will all have different deals on our cars and will end up paying different prices, go for the deal that suits you best. Also when is this deal for as that will have effect with the supplying dealer.

You can of course go through a broker online, newcitroendeals has been mentioned (their numbers can be a little off, due to lack of updating), but the last thing to do is march into your local and exspect him to beat or maybe match it. You need to understand how the dealers work, we have margins and performance bonus ontop. Now your local dealer might be able to guarantee the bonus (which is worth around £1200) because they might miss the Van target or indeed their monthly target. That means that they have to be sure in order to offer you the deal. The dealer who works from newcitroendeals is part of a large fleet dealer (slightly different rule book) and therefore can deal the way they do.

At the end of the day it's up to you, but please don't come on here spitting venom for your local agent when you might not understand fully how us dealers trade.
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I dont think he is wanting to go into his local and start demanding. He is just looking for advice. True we dont know all the figures, but On face of it, it sounds expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X