No announcement yet.

Local dealer is he taking the p**s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played 3 dealer of each other, part ex and got £5000 which payed finance off on car. One dealer Quoted around
    £240pm One quoted £220pm then found a company called Bolton co online and got quoted £190 pm. I went back to
    dealer and said beat this and you got a deal he came back with £179pm with £3000 deposit. £1000 was contributed by
    citroen and £2000 own money. Got dsport plus THP 150 full leather interior. All I can see is barter with them don't take
    what the say have a look round at other dealers and play them off each other )

Comment

i thought Citroen were giving £1500 fianance dep on the thp plus d sport?

Comment

I have give up with my 2 local dealers the best deal i can get out of them is £256 a month on elect 3 thats with a £1000 deposit and the £500 from citroen, 12000 mile a year over 3 years thats on a DSTYLE PLUS and on a petrol the same model with a £1000 deposit and £1500 from citreon the best i can get is £241
        what is it with these dealers dont they what to sell cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (these deals are with my part ex but i only have £600 neg eq on it and i offered to pay it off. I give up so it looks like im off to look at other options car wise

Comment

Originally posted by eggey17 View Post
          ...what is it with these dealers dont they what to sell cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....
          Yes of course we do, silly question. The thing is any chump can sell a car for peanuts but dealers have costs and standards that need to be maintained so we have to sell cars that are profitable in order for the dealer to remain. I would not dream of boring you to death about the little things that all add up and to be honest I'm am I get bored of telling people.

So lets look it at this way;

If all your after is the bottom line then go to a large dealer or the broker that operates for them and you will get your car dirt cheap.

If you want to go with a smaller single site dealer then understand that it will cost more, but I would hope that the level of customer care would make up for that (our site is ranked 3rd in the UK) - Kind of like flying BA compared to EasyJet.

The big concern I have always had from sitting on this side of the fence is that the Residuals for DS3 are being murdered by some of the crazy pricing that goes on and they are currently sitting at 30%, which is shocking. I dare say that in a couple of years time there will be a heaps of thread moaning about PX values and then I will get the chance to say I told you so.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
            Y I dare say that in a couple of years time there will be a heaps of thread moaning about PX values and then I will get the chance to say I told you so.
            Yes but those who went on the internet to buy won't be moaning, and your customers who paid full price and great service will lol
            You are right, but its life matey.

Comment

Originally posted by pauljack View Post
              Yes but those who went on the internet to buy won't be moaning,
              Oh I bet they will!
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Hi all, i have just ordered my Citroen DS3 dstyle plus hdi in metalic blue, had a test drive at my local dealer but he could not match a price that i got further afield which was a shame.

my deal was CITROEN gifted £500 deposit, i Put £100 in to it, Elect 3 based on 18000 miles £256 per month, if i would have gone for the white it would have been
                £242 per month, also includes the 3 years service plan and breakdown recovery.

Comment

Working...
                X