No announcement yet.

Anyone Using a TomTom Start 60 Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very odd you're having problems with Copilot. I even have mu routes for the rally already set in with mutliple waypoints and stops, same for Trax.

Where on Earth do you live? Neptune?

To quote of one of many reviews:

In terms of the mapping data that underlies these products, both MobileNavigator and CoPilot Live use NAVTEQ maps, whereas TomTom uses TeleAtlas maps. The latter is hardly surprising since TomTom now owns TeleAtlas, but it’s disappointing because although no digital map can be totally accurate, I do find that NAVTEQ’s maps are consistently better than those provided by TeleAtlas.
    http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
    Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Tested it yesterday on another well known route. It seems to be fine once we get onto the main roads and it was pretty much spot on until we go nearer our destination. Then it kept flashing up a traffic incident warning and wanted to take us around it, adding another half hour to the journey. We were in no hurry so I thought I would check it's accuracy. Yep, NO traffic incident at all! Where it had said we would be stuck in traffic there was nothing, road was clear as day and no indication there had ever been a problem.

Am I just incredibly unlucky here? Most of you seem never to have had a problem however I am not the only one because if you look on CoPilot's forum you will see a lot of people experiencing exactly the same things as myself.

I should emphasize we are talking about CoPilot Live Europe Premium Edition here, just in case any of you are using different versions?

Comment

Tried CoPilot this weekend against my Navtec and CoPilot won! Was roaming around Norfolk and one place the houses had no number. CoPIlot told me this and offered to take me to a junction of two streets instead and offered me choices. The dedicated satnav would only follow a postcode and took me to the wrong area!
        Only problem was battery life on the Nexus 7. Hey ho back to Fleabay for a proper "charger."
        On the point of chargers I always believed it was the device that "pulled" the current it needed within the limit of the charger and not the charger that "pushed" a certain current. This is correct surely? So when I get the 2amp version it will allow the device to "pull" up to 2 amps as needed?
        Come on you experts I am getting old and forgetful. Now where was I..........................

Jimbob

Comment

1000mA charger and the current rating ia about the max it supplies via the usb cable- 500mA= trckle charge, 1000mA full charge. Only difference being in the 1000 2 connections are shorted in the usb port
          http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
          Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Gave CoPilot another run today but it's just not happening for us. I don't know why and I'm happy to accept it works fine for everyone else here that uses it but for us, I'll keep it for when we are on foot and use a dedicated device in the car. Thanks for all the advice and info though, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X