Best way to make ds3 hdi 90bhp more responsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to make ds3 hdi 90bhp more responsive

Hiya am new to this forum nd I was wanting to make my ds3 abit more nippy ano I cn get it remapped bt I was wondering what else cud I do

Hi Micky

£ for £ a remap gives the best results. After that maybe a new air filter but not much gain there!

JB

Comment

The potential's really endless for what you could do..

Maybe it's best if you start with a budget and any caveats e.g. I'm guessing you're fairly young so insurance would be a factor..
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

What sort of power gain of a remap wud I look to gain nd what sort of air filter

Comment

Ideally with a remap you'd see gains around 30HP/60Nm

K&N also do a wide range of filters for the DS3: http://www.knfilters.com/air_filter/citroen_ds3.aspx
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

A remap would get you up to 115bhp or thereabouts. A filter would only add another 2 or 3?

JB

Comment

Am 24 nd my insurance is 500 which I didn't fink was bad nd all the remap companies up in the north east can on get 20bhp gain

Comment

Oops - crossing posts here with Dangerousfish.
                Listen to him - he knows his stuff!

JB

Comment

You could also maybe have a DPF removal and new exhaust like Zack to help it be less restrictive not sure on gains for this and like fish said if your trying to keep insurance low then the exhaust may not be viable some insures are kinder on modifications then others

Comment

Originally posted by Micky1989 View Post
                    Am 24 nd my insurance is 500 which I didn't fink was bad nd all the remap companies up in the north east can on get 20bhp gain
                    Best bet for a remap would be SPTuning - http://www.sptuning.co.uk/

Jamie does some mobile remaps but you might be a bit of a stretch for him, probably best to drop him a quick email or PM on the forum.

Double check with your insurance company before setting your mind on anything though.

Any ideas on budget?
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Jagster93 View Post
                      You could also maybe have a DPF removal and new exhaust like Zack to help it be less restrictive not sure on gains for this and like fish said if your trying to keep insurance low then the exhaust may not be viable some insures are kinder on modifications then others
                      Also bare in mind the endless cloud of black fog you'll have behind you and the amazing/horrible sound you'll achieve having this done.. =/
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Insurance Co's tend to view mods poorly for younger drivers as Fish said, deffo get a quote before doing anything...
                        sigpic

Comment

Aye I herd bout dpf deletion bt I Lyk Ther nt bein no black smoke lol am lookn at bout 1000 budget nt mch rly bt it's the best I cn do for now

Comment

Il find owt a quote to see what the damage wud b thanks for u help

Comment

Originally posted by Micky1989 View Post
                              Aye I herd bout dpf deletion bt I Lyk Ther nt bein no black smoke lol am lookn at bout 1000 budget nt mch rly bt it's the best I cn do for now
                              Remap - £300
                              Induction - £50-100
                              Exhaust - £200-300 (custom made - http://www.pro-speedexhausts.com/ or any other exhaust manufacturer)
                              Pretty sure you could find a bigger turbo with the remaining cash but it all depends on how far you're looking to mod
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X